Thread: valentine's day class party ideas?

Blog Entries

Default valentine's day class party ideas?

So I'm the first parent to volunteer to help with M's classroom party...and I felt I was late in getting back to her teacher! Mrs. R told me that since she hadn't heard from anyone, she was going to just have the kids exchange Valentine's and let them have free time for the last hour of class. So...I feel I should step up and help plan a (basic) party so the kids can do something a little special that afternoon.

I know this board is filled with creative types...if anyone has great ideas for classroom crafts, games, or treats I'd love to hear them! I've been Googling all afternoon but first-hand experience about what works well in a classroom would be great. (These are first graders.)

TIA!!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Pin the heart on the body? Valentine crafts? Bring cut out hearts and cut out shapes, sparkle jewels, glitter, etc. and have them decorate valentines.
    Last edited by girlwonder; 01-31-2013 at 02:18 PM.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Valentine's Bingo.

I'm working with the room mom to play my DS's class party. Here's what we have

Crafts:

Heart Suncatcher made from contact paper: http://www.momscraftyspace.com/2013/...ine-craft.html
    Handprint heart: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bnCbYmQj82...527s%2BDay.jpg

Activities:

Heart numbers Cut hearts in half and put the number on one side, then the corresponding amount of dots or stickers on the other side. Have the children match the two heart halves.
    Valentine exchange

Snack:

Strawberry fondue Strawberries with little Dixie cups of yogurt for dipping.

Song:

Jesus Loves Me (It's a Christian preschool)
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

Blog Entries

Thanks...great ideas to start with!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)