Thread: What is the most sensitive preg test...

Default What is the most sensitive preg test...

That I can grab from the grocery store or pharmacy? I noticed last mo I can't find the sensitivity on the boxes a lot of times. Gotta pick up some tests today to start testing tomorrow!! I want to get whatever can pick up the earliest.
    DD 1 (6), DD2 (4), DS (2), MC 7/13

Ooh me too, stalking!!

Frer detects 20iu/l

Here is a site that compares the sensitivity http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/compare.html

Per this site frer are 25 not 20 as I stated above.

Thank you!! What is FRER? IDK if I'm gonna be able to hold out til tom GAH!!

just popping in here...i have pregnancy tests from Early-pregnancytest.com and they claim to be more sensitive than First Response Early Response...but what I have seen is that they earliest they detected for me this and last was extremely faint barely readable at 10 days and FRER were clear as day...so I would get those...the pink ones seem to be the best...

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

FRER= First Response Early Response...PINK box

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

Have any of you tried Equate (it's the walmart store brand)? The http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/compare.html said htey are just as sensitive as FRER but they are cheaper...
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Cool thx!

I'll be stalking you too Dune, GL!

Sookie, I forgot to say in that other thread congrats on the new one on the way! How are you feeling? Hope the other LOs are well!

Yup, frer is the most sensitive

I love this website...lots of helpful info, lol, and it's just plain entertaining

http://www.peeonastick.com

for a bfp!!!

Thx!

Y'all, I am SOOOOO nervous I am gonna see AF show up. I really dislike ttc, meh. But it will happen eventually!

they're great, thanks for asking are you on FB? Part of our FB June 2011 moms? I am feeling good so far...finally got past the morning sickness...now just lots of(too much) insomnia...

Can't wait to see your results

Quote Originally Posted by kemommy View Post
    Cool thx!

I'll be stalking you too Dune, GL!

Sookie, I forgot to say in that other thread congrats on the new one on the way! How are you feeling? Hope the other LOs are well!

Quote Originally Posted by sookie4415 View Post
    just popping in here...i have pregnancy tests from Early-pregnancytest.com and they claim to be more sensitive than First Response Early Response...but what I have seen is that they earliest they detected for me this and last was extremely faint barely readable at 10 days and FRER were clear as day...so I would get those...the pink ones seem to be the best...
    I had the same thing happen. I used the Early Pregnancy Tests since I had so many. The line was SO faint but was there. Went and got a FRER and it was a blaring 2nd line. So I think FRER must be more sensative. I've always liked the FRER over any other brand.
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

The FRER are much cheaper at the grocery store than the drugstore in my neighborhood. I can buy a box of 3 FRER (2 plus 1 bonus) for $14 at the grocery store, but I stopped last night at the drugstore and it was $18 for two! I didn't buy them because I still have the $ store cheapies at home. Another bfn this morning... I was hoping it was because I had bunk tests

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I have the super sensitive one from early-pregnancytest.com too... It helps with the urge to POAS at 8dpo but I guess I'll use frer from 12 DPO from now on.

15. Default

In my experience, it seems that the First response and the Answer brand tests are the most sensitive. I tested with an Answer test at 8-9 dpo and got a super faint line and then had a blood test 3 days later and my HCG was only at a 20. The answer tests must detect the HCG super early
    Last edited by poohbearkrazy; 01-31-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbearkrazy View Post
    In my experience, it seems that the First response and the Answer brand tests are the most sensitive. I tested with an Answer test at 8-9 dpo and got a super faint line and then had a blood test 3 days later and my HCG was only at a 20. The answer tests must detect the HCG super early
    This.... but the answer tests around here cost 1/2 as much as the frer

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sammilynn View Post
    This.... but the answer tests around here cost 1/2 as much as the frer

Same here. I got a 2 pack for $6.99

Yes, the Answer tests are a lot less expensive! And the grocery store is less than the drug store for sure. Considering I am at the grocery store almost everyday bc I am the worst food planner EVER I will pick some up there

Sookie, glad you are feeling better. I am on FB but not on that group. Let me know if you can add me and I'll PM you my FB info!

I can't add you, I am not the admin to that group. PM me your name(first and last ) and I will look you up and see if I can try to at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dunegirl View Post
    Here is a site that compares the sensitivity http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/compare.html

Per this site frer are 25 not 20 as I stated above.
    I got a positive FRER and CBE digital and my beta the next day was only at 12. I must be a freak.

I am a fan of the FRER's. I got a BFP with Jericho at 9DPO. Good luck!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)
    Trying to complete our family...My Ovulation Chart for my LAST try !