Thread: What color?

Default What color?

We are constantly getting the question, "What color are her eyes?". I never know what to answer! The boys' eyes were both very distinctly blue by the time they were 6 months (actually, earlier). So, what do you think? What color are Libby's eyes?

ergolibby_crop_zps7a4e1a36.jpg

I'd go with green but what a unique color! So pretty!

I'd say, "what color are they to you?"

Green!!

Lauren (29) Wife of 10 years to J.R.(30) Mom to Bayleigh (8) & Jack (3)

dark blue? adorable!
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Oh wow they're like a stormy sea in autumn aren't they? I'd say dark green or "sea green".
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

Very pretty!!! I like Dreya's discriptions. I'd describe them as "stormy sea green-ish blue". Love the color.
    ~Andrea~

I think my daughter's eyes were like that around 6 months when they started turning brown. Do you or DH have brown eyes?

Gorgeous!!!
    Looks to me like they're in the process of turning hazel.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Brownish blue I know that sounds odd but, I see blue tints and brown tints.

Hazel! Since it looks like there is a little brown in the middle, and the rest green.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

I'd say blue for now, but they look like they'll turn hazel.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    Gorgeous!!!
    That's what I was thinking as well.

I think they look greyish blue turning to hazel. They are very pretty!

I'd also say they are in the process of turing to hazel. Which can take quite awhile. 4 of my kids have hazel eyes, and I would say none of them had their true eye color before 2, and one of them changed from a blue/grey color to more golden green when she was 4.

they look grey/green on my computer
    If you can give your child only one gift, let it be enthusiasm - Bruce Barton

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    Gorgeous!!!
    That's what my son's eyes did as they changed from blue to hazel.

They look like a dark grey/green to me. Maybe they will be hazel? Pretty in any case!
    Leigh(36)/Matt(40)/Sonja Lily(4)/Damien Andrew(1.5)

Thanks, ladies! I have green eyes, with a hint of brown. DH has green eyes, with a hint of blue. I was so surprised when both boys ended up with bright, blue eyes!

This is the best close-up of my eyes I could find. It's a little dated.

Me2-1_eyes_zps23b556f9.jpg

She's always had "spots" of brown in her eyes, which I always thought was so unique. I had never seen that before. I wondered if they would turn more like a hazel in color.
    Last edited by sparks3; 01-31-2013 at 01:27 PM.

You both have gorgeous eyes!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I agree with hazel. My DS's eyes look similar.
    Jennifer

Yep, I bet she'll have your eyes! So pretty...
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    I'd also say they are in the process of turing to hazel. Which can take quite awhile. 4 of my kids have hazel eyes, and I would say none of them had their true eye color before 2, and one of them changed from a blue/grey color to more golden green when she was 4.
    I didn't realize that it could take so long for a definitive color to form! That's pretty amazing.

Thanks-again for all of the compliments and feedback, ladies. Now I have some ideas of what to call the color! Love the stormy sea green.

Beautiful eyes! I think they will turn a light hazel with hints of greeny blue. My dd1's eyes were greeny blue (darker mind you) with those splotches of brown that slowly spread between 12-18 months and settled into a dark hazel. Your daughter has more blue and a lighter blue so I'd go with a very light hazel with lots of green in them.

Gorgeous and captivating. I'd say they are sea green, too. I'm an 'eye' person and that was one of the things that caught my eye with my DH. My DD has one blue, one brown and that is hard to explain! She is 19 months and so Pedi says it will stay. What does she put on her drivers license?
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

She puts that she has Heterochromia iridum
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

Quote Originally Posted by tami View Post
    Beautiful eyes! I think they will turn a light hazel with hints of greeny blue. My dd1's eyes were greeny blue (darker mind you) with those splotches of brown that slowly spread between 12-18 months and settled into a dark hazel. Your daughter has more blue and a lighter blue so I'd go with a very light hazel with lots of green in them.
    Thank you, Tami! I wondered if the brown spots would spread. It'll be interesting to see how Libby's eyes change as she gets older.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinseed2011 View Post
    Gorgeous and captivating. I'd say they are sea green, too. I'm an 'eye' person and that was one of the things that caught my eye with my DH. My DD has one blue, one brown and that is hard to explain! She is 19 months and so Pedi says it will stay. What does she put on her drivers license?
    I grew up with a friend who had one blue eye and one brown eye. It was so neat! He eventually got colored contacts...it was fun for him to have brown eyes one day and blue the next. I love eyes, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreya View Post
    She puts that she has Heterochromia iridum
    I wondered what the correct term was for that!!

Looks to me like they're turning hazel! Cute!!
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

so pretty!! my ds who is 3 now has blue eyes but to me they seem to be turning into lighter shade of green. I too didn't know it could change so late but it would make more sense since my eyes are green and my dh's are brown so the blue color in his eyes was a tad bit confusing!!