Thread: Gonal F users!

Default Gonal F users!

I was just wondering for those using Gonal F in the past... What units did you take and for how long? I started at 75, went to 37.2 then back up to 75. I haven't gotten any follicles over 10mm and I'm on CD 9, should I be bigger by now? I saw one follie at 8mm though, and I go in tomorrow morning to see any growth. I have not had any follies over 8mm since I started ttc. FX!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

No, I don't know any of the Jersey Shore cast.

I started at 75 and was bumped up to 114 a couple days later. I was monitored every other day and that dose gave me two (maybe even three? It was awhile ago!) follies at my normal O date, CD14.

well my biggest follie is 8.5mm :/ feeling deflated but they are uping me to 150 units tonight n thursday night. problem is that 8.5mm is on the left, which is useless cuz my left tube is blocked. hoping friday is better news

03/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    well my biggest follie is 8.5mm :/ feeling deflated but they are uping me to 150 units tonight n thursday night. problem is that 8.5mm is on the left, which is useless cuz my left tube is blocked. hoping friday is better news
    Praying for good results with the bump in meds!

......grow follies grow!!!

I am so sorry it is not bigger, but those meds might wake something up on the right! GL and I'm sending lots of your way!

Tomorrow is another ultrasound to see if the 150 units will get me anything, I am hoping!!! DH is coming with me this time, it's his first one since the injections due to his work schedule so maybe he will bring fat follies with him too. I am almost through a whole pen too, I've used over 600 units this cycle alone so I hope I don't need much more. I've also been feeling more uncomfortable in my lower abdomen on each side so I am praying its fat follies! I will be happy with any double digit sizes!

On a good note! I got a new job So I am handing in my 2wk notice tomorrow morning!!! Its more money and hopefully less drama!

03/22/13

!! Congrats on your new job...that's fantastic!!!

for fat follies tomorrow !

congratulations on the new job!!!!!!

And GL at the appointment today, your symptoms sound very promising!!!!

I have only used it one cycle so far, I have another pen sitting in my fridge right now for Junes cycle though. I was on 75 per day the whole way through, I took it for 10 days. I don't start seeing growth until day 8-10.

Day 8 looked like this...
    R 12, 11.5, 8
    L 9 , 7, 6
    line 7.5
    estradiol 284

Day 10
    Lining 9.5
    R 15 , 16
    L 14.5
    E2 812
    3.95 LH

I took it for two more days, didn't have another ultrasound...but I probably had 3 mature follies. For some reason I didn't 'O' until 42 or so hours after my trigger...so my timing suck, I had the IUI 30 hours after my trigger and 12 hours is about max for frozen sperm life so I think by the time I 'O' the sperm was no longer viable. Otherwise I was very happy with the Gonal F, the dial up prefilled pen was super easy and the needles are so tiny...not a one of my shots hurt at all. Good luck!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

I hope everything went great and you're too excited to post! ;) Congrats on the new job, I hope it leads to a lot less stress for you!!! Lots of !
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

I am pretty excited!!! I had one at 11mm, two that were 9's, one was like 9.6 the other 9.3, all on the right side! The left side had a few 8's but that side is blocked so it's useless. I finally saw a double digit follie!!! Surprising though, they bumped me up to 187.5 units from 150 units for the weekend. I thought they would have kept me at the same but they said my dominant follies would take over and the little ones would stay little(they were like 2mm - 5mm). I was super excited, even the ultrasound tech(I've had the same girl all week) was SUPER happy for me! My ovary was tough to see due to it being behind my uterus but she poked and pushed several times to get it where it was visible.

All Around good news, OH and the new job is at a hospital, so ultrasounds and blood work are no problem!

P.S. My birthday is the 6th, probably the same day as my IUI! Like DH said, "You know, most people just get laid on their birthday, but you... you gotta get inseminated!"
    Last edited by coelh102; 02-01-2013 at 07:55 PM.

03/22/13

Great news!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Yay! that sounds great!

ps: what's IUI? still learning here...

GL!!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Intra-Uterine-Insemination They put a catheter through my cervix and dump sperm into your uterus, giving the sperm a head start DH has low motility so this will be very helpful because they 'wash' the sperm and only the good ones will be dumped so it ups our chances!

03/22/13

...oh my goodness, SO happy for you!! Reeeeally praying this is your month!

!!!!!!!!

All of this is such great news!!! Congrats on the new job!

That's awesome!!! More !! You're DH is funny!!
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

grow follies grow!!!!! That would be THE BEST bday present ever!!!

How did your old job take it? Are they being nice to you?

Liz, they seem to be okay with it, They've been horrible to me so I just can't wait to get out of there. Only the managers know right now, Monday I am telling everyone else.

03/22/13

Maybe getting away from that crappy stressful environment will help with ttc!

Just an Update! This morning my follies were 14.2mm, 11mm, and 11.4mm, they upped me again to 225units and ultrasound on Wednesday. All my follies are on the right side too! My left side is completely asleep with the biggest follie around 8mm which is totally fine with me! But I won't be inseminated on my birthday Guess I'll have to settle for giving myself the trigger shot on that day instead? Hope So!

03/22/13

Awww...I'm so sorry you don't get the iui on your b-day

(((Big hugs)))! Praying those follies keep growing!!!

Those are awesome sizes for you, and on the right side too!