Thread: Charting...bbt

Default Charting...bbt

First timer here . I only have 3 temps and my chart looks ridiculous ...am I doing something wrong!
    My Ovulation Chart

Kelly, do you temp orally or vaginally? I figured out after temping awhile that I mouth-breathe too much, and I got much more normal looking temps doing it vaginally. I know it's a little strange, but just make sure you mark that bbt so no-one else uses it!

ETA: Oh, and if you really want to be ocd about it (like I was), get an actual bbt that has two numbers after the decimal.
    Last edited by sunkiss; 02-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    ~Andrea~

I temp vaginally and my chart still looks pretty wacky a lot of the time, and I have found sometimes I have a drop after AF like you did. So maybe continue orally, and see what happens, or just switch to vaginally and see if it levels out a bit, but try not to worry right away. Even though mine always looks kinda crazy I can still make out a clear O.

And I recommend just a regular bbt- it would look even crazier with one with 2 decimal points (and that's not necessary, unless like the pp said, you want to be extra OCD--more than ttc makes all of us--just for fun )

Thanks ladies!! I'm going to pick up a bbt today, lol, because yes I'm that ocd !!! I'll do a vag temp from now on too.

I knew you were about it like I was. I think it adds to all the excitement! At one point, I was temping, charting, using a CBE monitor as well as cheapie opks. It was like a part-time job! I guess you could call me an addict! Since we're done making babies now, I just have to stalk...
    ~Andrea~

For only one decimal point, I think it looks pretty normal. Keep in mind with cold season, I know I'm congested some nights (even snoring for the first time in my life!) so between sleeping with mouths open and having colds, our temps can be a little more whacky than normal.

Andrea...that's awesome !!! I agree that it makes it so much more exciting!

RaeJ...I'm pretty sure I mouth breathe too.

I got my bbt ...can't wait to use it tomorrow morning!

Yes, use a BBT! Temp vaginally. Temp at the same time every morning after sleeping for at least 3 hours! Don't get up and move around, just take your temp! Today's temp was SUPER low!! Maybe your thermometer isn't working right Good luck! I can't wait to stalk your chart!
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

I do have a low temp normally. It's usually 95.5 to 96.5 if I take it during the day. I blame my thyroid

Haha...just for fun I logged into FF and found my old charts. Ahhh, memories!! Here is my chart from conceiving Nolan...in case you wanted to see. Keep in mind, I was having really random length cycles, used Clomid on cd 5-9 and was using progesterone supps from 3dpo on...My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Tracker
    I always thought it was fun to see friends' charts too.
    ~Andrea~

What?? I have been using a thermometer with 2 decimal points because it says it's for tracking bbt. Is that overkill? Charting actually drives me nuts because I end up obsessing over it. I finally quit last week, but when I made an appointment for acupuncture she asked me to start temping!! So I was only able to quit for one day and now I'm back to my chart obsession. Good luck Kelly, I have a feeling you won't be temping for long!!!!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Andrea...I love stalking other ppl's charts !!!

Melturtluv...oh sheesh, that's a bummer but I sure hope neither of us will be temping much longer !!! I'm thinking November babies are in our future !

So today I got 97.21 vag and 95.48 oral...I recorded the vag temp