Thread: Bad News.........

Default Bad News.........

So DH had his ultrasound today and the aspirated ejaculate. There was no indication at all of any sperm. We have decided to go ahead on the very slim chance that they will find that he does in fact make sperm. The doctor is NOT hopeful at this point, and feels that there is a good chance that my DH does not make sperm. I have called my OB to see if she will refer me to a reproductive endrocrinologist so that we can proceed on.

We found out this news just a few hours ago, and we have not had a chance to really discuss this, but I am hopeful that he is willing to do the sperm donation route. I do not get off of work until late tonight, I have a funeral to go to tomorrow if the weather permits, and I work afterwards. My next day off that we can really talk is Friday, which is the day we will hopefully find out when the surgery is scheduled.

I am not really supposed to take off work at all until May because we are attempting to go to computer charting, but I will take off the day he has surgery, and depending on when my appointment is with the endocrinologist, I will possibly take that day off as well.

I so hope that next month goes better, because this month has not been very easy. And to top things off, Thursday is DH's 27th birthday. I hope he is taking this ok, because we really haven't had a chance to really talk yet.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzy

Sorry about the bad news Lizzy. The the surgery to unblock his tubes or something? I don't see how that would help if he's not producing sperm. But I'm not really familiar with sperm (lol) so I wouldn't really know.
    I hope an RE will be able to get a plan in place and you guys moving toward pregnancy soon!

The reason behind doing the surgery is to see if maybe he is blocked higher up, or if there is any sperm being made in the testicles. The doctor is not optimistic on him actually producing sperm, but he told us that it was up to us to determine if we wanted to go ahead and to the proceedure, or if we wanted to not do it. My DH stated he wanted to be sure, and so it was his idea to go ahead and do the surgery. It is not a 100% indicating that he does not produce sperm at all, it is just the doctor's guess. Once they do the surgery, we will have an absolute answer.

That stinks! I hope this surgery works or a solution can be found so you get that little one. Thoughts and prayers for you and DH!
    Sam(Me)-25 Mitch(DH)-34 4 Furbabies TTC since May 2009. My Blog: Infertility Bites

(((Big hugs)))!!!

Really praying you get answers at the RE's. Wouldn't it depend on *why* he's not making sperm...I would think there are a variety of reasons and maybe some of them correctable? I don't know anything about it but trying to be optimistic...really praying you can make a baby together somehow!

My heart sure goes out to you...I'm so sorry you're going through this !!!

You'll be in my prayers.

So sorry to hear that. I'm praying for your miracle baby!

Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

Big hugs to you. I will keep y'all in my prayers.

DH asked that I double check with our insurance company to make sure that they cover infertility and artificial insemination, so I think (we will actually talk more tonight I hope) that he will go for the artficial insemination with a sperm donor if the surgery indicates that he does not produce any sperm.
    I guess I will hurry up and wait some more.

THANK YOU ALL for your positive posts.
    Lizzy

I'm so sorry I'll be thinking about you. I hope you find some good news.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

I'm sorry you didn't get better news. If you are considering approaching the donor option, can I recommend a book? I read it last fall, it answers a lot of questions and addresses concerns for all parties surrounding donor conception. It's called Mommies, Daddies, Donors, Surrogates by Diane Ehrensaft. She has done a lot of fertility counseling, for both parents, donors, surrogates, and children born from donor options. It really helped me out. Good luck to you!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Thank you. I will take a look at it. Hopefully so will my DH.

I'm sorry Lizzy! I hope the surgery bring you and your dh good news. Big hugs

Mel (39) DH (37) Expecting a boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

I'm sorry to hear this...I know what a punch in the gut that is. If you should have to go the donor route, I have really liked Fairfax...they do more health testing on their donors than most other places. Good luck.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I will keep you in our prayer.

I'm sorry too as we have the same issue. We really love NW Andro (since you do not have to go through an MD and prices were reasonable) but looked at Fairfax as well and they are equally awesome from my interaction with them. Best of luck with whatever y'all decide and feel free to PM me
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah 9/10 - 3/11
    FFS "Baby C" 4/23 - 5/26 Sibs Q,Z,J & K

Well, we kind of talked last night, and he still refuses to talk about donor sperm just yet. He wants to wait til after the surgery. I just want the waiting to be over with so that we have a course of action..........

GL, I hope they can schedule the surgery soon! Being in limbo is so hard. I hope the surgery goes well and you get good news.

So sorry for the difficult news and all the waiting, Lizzy. Hang in there and KUP.
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

So, I got an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist, but that isn't until March 11th. So, I guess I will continue to wait. DH should have his surgery scheduled here soon, and we will know the date tomorrow I hope. Again....hurry up and wait.
    Good news tho. DH's grandmother told us that if we need help with finances, she would help us out. (She apparently helped out with DH's uncle too.).....so that is a plus.
    Lizzy

...big big hugs to you!!! I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this waiting and not knowing ! Really praying for you and dh!

I'm so happy for you that his gma is willing to help with finances...that's wonderfully sweet !