Thread: Weird POS story

Hybrid View

Default Weird POS story

(reposting this here b/c I didn't get too many responses in other forum)

So we had unprotected sex this month. Not really TTC right now - but fine if it happens.

Anyway, having all the symptoms - sore boobs, hunger, tired, cramps, etc.

So I POS this morning even though I'm still 9-10 days away from my period.

I couldn't stand not knowing anymore.

And I could see the faintest of faint lines in the positive window. So I put it away to show my boyfriend later. When I took it back out it was positive!!?!?!

So we just had a big talk about another baby!
    And then I POS - a new one. And it's totally negative.

How can that happen?

I mean - what would have made it turn to a blue line if I'm not preggo?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I also drank 3 quarts of water today between tests?

I wish I could post the photo here but don't know how to get it from iphone to computer. Anyway - it's pretty dark now.

I say take another one first thing in the morning Definitely sounds like your urine was too diluted the second time.

GL!!! Kup!

But I just have a few questions -

There was a faint line this morning - sooooooo faint - like "ghost line" - isn't it a false positive if it gets darker later in the day? (It's pretty dark right now).

But then, how would it even get dark if there's no hcg? I mean, hcg has to be present to make that line show up, right?

Yeah, I guess I'll wait til morning!

It was probably an "evap line", or evaporation line. At 9 - 10 days away from your period, if you are pregnant, baby wouldn't have even implanted yet (you're probably only 4 dpo), so you would have no HCG in your system.

That doesn't mean you're NOT pregnant, it just means that you are far too early to get a reliable answer, either way. Wait a few days- they usually recommend less than 5 days before your period- and then try again.

To be honest, it sounds like your symptoms are in your head, too. I hope that doesn't sound insulting, because believe me, it happens to me every month!!! But this is way too early for real symptoms, normally. Again, it does not mean you're NOT, it just means it's too early.

I know the wait sucks... Oh believe me, I know! Welcome to the 2ww (two week wait), hope it passes quickly and you get the answer you want.

Those blue dye tests are notorious for giving false positives. And I agree that it's likely way too early to be testing.

Okay - so what's a reliable test I can do on first morning pee?

At this time, probably nothing. Most of us in TTC use "internet cheapies", because they all so unreliable, we don't want to waste an expensive one.

Once you do get close enough to your period (I would recommend 2 days before you expect it, or later. After it's late is best.) then you should try an FRER. It's one of my favorites, but others will probably have different recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    At this time, probably nothing. Most of us in TTC use "internet cheapies", because they all so unreliable, we don't want to waste an expensive one.

Once you do get close enough to your period (I would recommend 2 days before you expect it, or later. After it's late is best.) then you should try an FRER. It's one of my favorites, but others will probably have different recommendations.
    This. All of it.

What's a FRER? Can you get it at the drug store?

I can wait.

I just really wanted to know. But I guess I'll know sooner or later.

Also, why would that line have turned dark blue? From what?

FRER = First Response Early Result. http://www.firstresponse.com/early-pregnancy-test.asp

You can get it at the drug store.

I have no idea why the line would turn dark blue, but if it's after the 10 minute mark, you have to disregard it, anyway.

Agree with the above. It's too early to get a reliable result.

It was probably an evap line, like pp said. The urine sits for so long and creates a darker line. If you drank a lot of water the second time and got a negative then that may have something to do with it. I test 9dpo and got the faintest line ever. I thought I was crazy so I took it to a neighbor. Haha! Now my faintest line is about to be 5 months. I used the dollar store test, too. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by CorpsmanWife View Post
    It was probably an evap line, like pp said. The urine sits for so long and creates a darker line. If you drank a lot of water the second time and got a negative then that may have something to do with it. I test 9dpo and got the faintest line ever. I thought I was crazy so I took it to a neighbor. Haha! Now my faintest line is about to be 5 months. I used the dollar store test, too. Good luck!
    She is 5dpo, not 9.

As the others have said, way too early for afb accurate result. I have a strict missed period testing rule. I have been burned too many times with chemical pregnancies, evaporation lines, ambiguous results,etc. Wait until you are"late" it saves a lot of stress and heart ache.

Good luck!

Wait a week then buy a couple FRER's. Or buy a bunch of them and test every day...like I always seem to LOL.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

Yeah, i'll wait - I did buy an FRER today and totally negative - no lines - no nothing.

Ah well - it would not have been planned, but still would have been welcome.

it doesn't mean that you're not pregnant; it just means that it's far too early to tell either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ibisgirldc View Post
    it doesn't mean that you're not pregnant; it just means that it's far too early to tell either way.
    This! Don't dismiss it yet. Re-test after your period is late.

Oooh, I see...I was thinking you were 9-10 days past ovulation but you still have a few days before your period! Definitely test again using you first morning's urine in a week if your period doesn't show .

Keep us posted!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Did a test this morning and I'm perfectly NOT pregnant.

If you're still a week away from your period, it might not show up yet. The tests are designed to measure hormones that won't appera until the time around a missed or late period

agree with the wait till your period is late advice.... with ds i tested the day af was due and bfn... tested a week later when af failed to show and bfp.

Oh weird, okay. I'm 5 days or less away from period now, so I figured it was safe to test. I just have major symptoms - hunger, dizziness, sore boobs, cramping, etc. so I didn't know what was going on, but we'll see!

Good luck!