Thread: Got some news early

Hybrid View

Default Got some news early

Today after visitation as I pulled into my driveway and saw the GAL waiting for me. I was so thrilled to see him, hoping we'd get some answers beforehand. He said not to worry about court and asked how things had been going. He didn't know about her episode last week at visitation and when I told him about it he said "AGAIN?" He said she's done this before with her son and was convinced he wasn't hers. She's still thinking that today but was in a totally different mood, very upbeat and happy acting for her. I really think she's off meds but her appt. Friday was cancelled so we don't know for sure. Anyway, I asked the GAL about the petition and he said the home study hadn't been completed yet and nothing had been sent to him. He said it's the woman that mom is living with. I guess she's mom's step grandfather's ex wife's daughter or something. So definitely not "family". He said that she doesn't really want her, but thought she could help mom with her if they granted the petition. So...if she ever finishes the home study, and she may not, it still isn't likely to happen. The GAL said that mom can't take care of herself so she certainly can't take care of the baby. I guess the lady wants mom to care for the baby and her just help if she needs it.

So for now, baby girl is staying here with us. As far as I understand it, she's likely to stay here for the next 6 months at least unless someone else files or they find the birth father which seems unlikely since we think mom was off meds then anyway and she doesn't know who he is. So the plan will be reunification, but even the GAL said it'd be a miracle if mom could complete her plan after all these years of going through this. He said he hopes she can pull it off but he doubts it. I want to feel sad for mom right now, but knowing she's probably off meds I'm just so glad baby girl is staying here and is safe. Is that wrong? I hope not. I feel like I don't have enough emotion for everything. I'm just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved baby girl will be staying here with us.
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

Blog Entries

I'm so glad that you got some additional information and I think that it is fine to consider it very good news that baby girl is with you being loved and cared for instead of with her biological mom who is incapable of doing so. It does sound likely that the petition for baby girl won't last long in court if everything is ever completed for it. I do really hope that you get to keep her for good.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

That is great news. I mean it is sad but it's also the best thing for the baby. I don't think it's wrong at all to want to keep her. You love her, you are the people she knows and it's a good environment for her.
    do you know how long they are giving her to get it together for reunification? I do wish that the system didn't give so many chances or take such a long time. Of course a chance should be given but kids deserve stability and permanence and I see that as being more important than biology.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Jess and Jennifer said it perfectly!

! Thinking of you and praying!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I'm glad you finally got some more answers. I hope you can breathe a bit now and just enjoy your sweet little girl!

Not wrong at all! Definitely best for baby girl! So glad you were able to get some more info on everything. Hope they continue to keep you informed moving forward. Hugs to you & baby girl!

Congrats Leah! I hope this means an adoption will take place soon for you

I'm so happy to read that baby girl will be staying with you a while longer, and I certainly hope that adoption is in your near future! It is so not wrong to want what's best for that sweet baby, and that clearly is you and your DH right now.

So happy to hear this! Keeping my fingers crossed and prayers said that this eventually ends in adoption for you guys.

Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

This is such good news.

Do you know how long before you can try and adopt her (I don't know much about this process)? How long will they give mom to get it together?
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

I'm happy she's staying with you too! Baby needs a loving environment and you have that! Good luck!!

OHhhhhh im so so so so SOO happy to hear this!!! She belongs with you. You is who she knows. I've been stalking for an update, but was pretty busy these past couple days. So I was very happy to come on and see this. I hope adoption is soon.
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()