Thread: This seems to go quicker

Hybrid View

Default This seems to go quicker

I went for my baseline ultrasound last Thursday (looked great) and am on my 5th day of Letrozole, after having zero luck with 8 months of clomid. On Friday we go for our second ultrasound to check follies, followed by an HCG shot that night if all looks good, and then IUI on Sunday. The first two weeks seems to move so much quicker when you're entrenched in doctor's visits. Hopefully the second two weeks will also move quickly, along with a BFP. The sonographer said that she usually sees success within three months of treatment with the course we're taking. However, she says that my likelihood is greater since I conceived my first daughter after 3 months of trying and my second daughter the first month. Hopefully she's right. I told her and the doctor that I really believe that my issues stem from --tmi warning-- being dry. I have been so flipping dry since my last pregnancy, and before I would have the stretchy mucus all the time, even in my panties. She said that if that really is the issue, then IUI should help, as it bypasses all of that. I'm really, really, really hoping this works, as my husband is already stepping outside of his comfort zone and is adamantly against IVF. Prayers, positive stories and well wishes are more than welcome.
    Last edited by fsunolesgirl; 01-28-2013 at 02:16 PM.
    Julianne Catherine 08/08/07 and Avery Eliza 05/08/09. I am in love with my two darling girls!!

Good luck! And have you tried Preseed? It's a fertility friendly lubricant.
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

We've been using pre-seed, but I didn't realize until last month that it works way better if you actually use the applicators. I worry more about the cervical fluid around the cervix itself. I seem to have a whole lotta nothin'.
    Julianne Catherine 08/08/07 and Avery Eliza 05/08/09. I am in love with my two darling girls!!

Have you considered taking Mucinex? That helps with the fluid issue.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

We tried it. No dice. :-( My doctor told me that even though I was dry before ttc this time, the clomid probably exacerbated it. He said that the letrozole should be better in that area. Just like you ladies, I'm SO hoping it he sonographer is right when she said it usually works in 3 months.

Oh, you are so lucky!! So glad to hear it's making the time go faster.

I have over a year of failed Clomid and IUIs, so was supposed to start my first Letrozole cycle on Christmas day. Well, instead, for one reason or another, I've not been able to, so still haven't had any yet!! It's really frustrating. I'm beginning to think I'll never be able to try again...

So good to hear that some people actually are able to take Letrozole. Gives me hope thay maybe one day I will, too!

Good luck and tons of baby dust!!

I had way fewer issues with Letrozole than with Clomid. I conceived 1/4 cycles on Clomid and 1/1 cycle with Letrozole, all else being equal (I also did HCG shot and IUI). Now, if I could just STAY pg I'd be happy...
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Thanks, Gwenn! You made me feel a lot better! Do you mind if I ask what your issues were with clomid? I've read that many people who are unsuccessful with clomid have better luck with letrozole, but not sure how many and how true that is.

Krystal, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to try letrozole. Do you mind if I ask why? If it's cost, I know a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by fsunolesgirl View Post
    Thanks, Gwenn! You made me feel a lot better! Do you mind if I ask what your issues were with clomid? I've read that many people who are unsuccessful with clomid have better luck with letrozole, but not sure how many and how true that is.

Krystal, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to try letrozole. Do you mind if I ask why? If it's cost, I know a solution.
    For me I developed tingling in my hands and feet, which is an extremely rare side effect and harmless but it freaked me out. I also became severely depressed and actually had thoughts of death. None of these things happened the first cycle, but built up the longer I took it, so after four cycles I am ready to say never again. The tingling has finally stopped after not having taken it since July. Took forever to go away.

Also, extremely dry down there to the point it was painful and DH can't stand sperm-friendly lube so that was an issue.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by fsunolesgirl View Post

Thanks. I am excited for you, though, my RE has talked it up like crazy and thinks that if I'm ever able to use it, then it should work (unlike Clomid...).

I haven't been able to because my baseline U/Ss aren't qualifying me. They won't stim if I have a cyst of over 10 mm- and I have one that started at 42. I've been on BC for almost 2 months now, and as of my most recent U/S (today!) it's FINALLY down to 12. So, we are waiting with bated breath to see if it will be GONE (because they say they want it gone, not just below 10) by my next period. If it is, I get my first Letrazole cycle! If not, then back to BC...

So until then, I'll live vicariously through you.

Good luck! Really hoping it works on the 1st try with you! I go tomorrow to see if Clomid made me ovulate this month. Really hoping it did 'cause I had cramps around CD16-17 which makes me very hopeful! I'm ready to be really aggressive though so I'm wondering about IUI. What exactly is the process if you don't my asking?
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

I hope the Letrozole works for you. My RE isn't so keen on it, so I think I would have heavily push her to let me do it. I won't do as many Clomid cycles this time though. My body habituates very quickly to Clomid which is why we up the dosage on me all the time. I'm giving it three cycles to work this time before moving on to something else.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Tons of prayers and good juju going out to you! I definitely know what you mean-the 2ww is hard enough as it is, and going from tons of appointments and medication timing to basically sitting around waiting is nerve-wracking! I hope this is it for you!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!