Thread: Birth control failure? Mononessa. Irregular Periods. White discharge?

Hybrid View

tum1919 Guest

Question Birth control failure? Mononessa. Irregular Periods. White discharge?

I take mononessa as my birth control. I have been on it for a few years and it has obviously been effective so far. My question is... out of nowhere last month I started bleeding... and it lasted for about two weeks before my pack of birth control ended... and lasted about three days into my placebo pills. It's not unusual for me to have breakthrough bleeding... but that usually happens when I miss a pill or two. But I have been taking my pills every day like I should, when last month's bleeding happened. It's been almost a month since then and tomorrow is my last active birth control pill day. I have not been bleeding irregularly this month. I have actually been having other symptoms that make me fear my birth control may have failed me and I may be pregnant. I have had stomach issues (constipation) and random bouts of nausea. I also (and this is totally tmi) had sex with my boyfriend the other morning and discovered some crazy milky white discharge coming from my body. And a lot of it. I don't know if this is a sign of pregnancy or not... but this is very unusual for me. I don't FEEL that I am pregnant... but something just doesn't seem right. Any opinions on this?

call your doctor

I agree call your dr. Definitely take a home pregnancy test too.

Quote Originally Posted by liontamer View Post
    I agree call your dr. Definitely take a home pregnancy test too.
    This and have you taken anti-botics?

Hey,
    You should definitely call your doctor, and make a quick stop by the store for an HPT. Breakthrough bleeding shouldn't happen on birth control, and could be a sign that the hormone dosage is not high enough, and therefore not as effective and it could have been possible that you have ovulated. I just saw my OB and started taking a medium dose BC since the lighter dose wasn't working as well for me in the past in regulating my cycles.
    - Sierra
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

tum1919 Guest

Thanks for your responses, guys. I haven't called the doc as of yet.. I'm waiting to see if I start my period this week like I'm supposed to... even though last month was so messed up. I took a test and it was negative. I'll try again if I don't start by friday. I have an appt with my gyno in march... so I'll talk to her about the birth control then, assuming I never get a positive hpt.