Thread: Question about ectopic pregnancy

Default Question about ectopic pregnancy

My last period was December 20th and I haven't gotten my period yet this month. I took 2 pregnancy tests (one yesterday and one today) and they both were negative. I have always had normal periods and this is the first time I've ever missed one. I am going to call my OBGYN tomorrow but I was just wondering for anyone who has had an ectopic pregnancy if pregnancy tests come back negative or positive. This is so odd for me.
    Riley-5, Joshua Jr-3, Summer-1, Ace-3 months

I had an ectopic last Oct. the pg test came back negative when my period was due. Then i had bleeding for 7-8 days followed by pg symptoms. I tested just in case and came back positive. It eventually turned out to be ectopic. I had no pain at all though.

Dont get too worried though. There are other possible reasons
    KEVIN (5.5) & MATTHEW (4)

My test was positive (although the pink lines were very light) on the day my period was due. I started bleeding 2 days later. I had no pain, just bleeding. My ectopic pregnancy was not inside the tube, most of my bleeding was internal.

Unless you have a specific reason to worry about an ectopic pregnancy, I would not worry if your period is a few days late. Irregular cycles happen even to the most regular women.

I have never had an ectopic pregnancy but I'm noticing from your tickers that your baby is 5 months. This could very easily be the reason why AF has not showed up. Your body is still adjusting from having a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    I have never had an ectopic pregnancy but I'm noticing from your tickers that your baby is 5 months. This could very easily be the reason why AF has not showed up. Your body is still adjusting from having a baby.
    This and if you are breastfeeding sometimes periods can be really light however, if you feel concerned at all with your body's normal cycles seek out your OBGYN.

Thanks for the responses. TMI but I started some light bleeding a little while ago, not really red so if I don't have my full blown AF when I wake up tomorrow then I'll call my doctor. I thought maybe it could be stress because I've been studying my tail off for the NCLEX next week, but I've been stressed with school for the last few years so probably not. It's just not like my body. Not breastfeeding so that is not it, and I am also not on birth control.
    Riley-5, Joshua Jr-3, Summer-1, Ace-3 months