Thread: a shadow of a line is still a line, right?

Hybrid View

Default a shadow of a line is still a line, right?

I took a dollar store HPT today. It said I could read it between 2 and 10 mins. Around 8 mins I saw just a faint shadow of a line that got only slightly darker over the next couple minutes. It was still pretty hard to see but it was there. I'm still nursing my 10 month old and my 2 year old so I've only had a couple cycles but they aren't what I would consider regular - 37 days and 29 days. I'm on day 31 of this cycle today. I don't know when I ovulated because we weren't ttc or trying to prevent.

All that to ask: is a line that faint still a BFP? How long should I wait to test again and get a more solid answer?

Thanks

If its within the 10 minutes a line even a faint one it is considered a positive. I'd test a couple more times to be sure. Take a picture of it so we can see and tell you for sure.

Thanks for responding. I have a picture on my phone but I don't know how to get it on here from there. I might have to send it to myself on the computer and upload from there.

I have honestly never trusted the Dollar Store Tests, although many women do even my doctor's office, so I would try a First Response. I would say though, if you got even a faint positive on the test then it's most likely you are pregnant. I would test again in the morning with first morning urine.

testpic.jpg
    This was taken right at the 10min mark.

Looks positive to me!! Congrats!

It looks positive to me too! GL!

Very positive.

Eeeek!! Nicole! SUPER happy for you !! Are you in shock or were you kind of hoping/expecting??

Will you be in the Oct dd room? I'm in the 2ww and if pg will be due Oct 18th (testing Feb 8th) I'm so excited!

! Kup!

Kelly,
    I've had a feeling for about a week. I had a close call 2 mos ago and was terrified. This morning I was very calm though. I'm not sure how its going to work but somehow I feel like it will. Maybe it's experience but it's more likely exhaustion. ;) I'm pretty excited though. I had a feeling with Selene she was going to be the last one but apparently I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Colee View Post
    Kelly,
    I've had a feeling for about a week. I had a close call 2 mos ago and was terrified. This morning I was very calm though. I'm not sure how its going to work but somehow I feel like it will. Maybe it's experience but it's more likely exhaustion. ;) I'm pretty excited though. I had a feeling with Selene she was going to be the last one but apparently I was wrong.
    So glad you're feeling calm ...one day at a time

I'm thrilled we may be in the same dd room...hoping for a bfp in the next 10-14 days. I'm excited...and nervous!

You're in my thoughts and prayers!

I will be due in October. Not sure on a date. Accidents to LMP it should be the 4th but the test was too light this morning for that to be right. I'm thinking more like the 10 th maybe.

That's defintitely a positive! Congrats!
    Jennifer

Good to see you agin! We were in June 09 together! Congrats!

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

I remember you! Congratulations on you up coming new addition as well.I don't get on here much between pregnancies so I didn't know til yesterday. And Piper is beautiful!

I retested this morning and it was more definite - at 2 mins it looked like it did at 10mins last time and kept getting darker. I called the Dr that delivered my last baby but she doesn't take many deliveries so I'm hoping I can get in to her again.I wont go to anyone else in town and I don't really want to drive am hour one way for a decent Dr. I guess we'll see. Thanks for looking at this Sunday. It helped me get through til today.

Holy moly! Congrats! I didn't know you were NPP! So excited for you! (and stalking Kelly too, of course. )
    ~Andrea~

Oh Wow very exciting! Congratulations!!!

congrats!!!!!! I hope to be joining you in the October room.

Congrats!
    Leigh(35)/Matt(39)/Sonja Lily(3.75)/Damien Andrew(1yr)

Sunkiss,
    Therearen't many who did. Unfortunately a lot of people IRL think we should have been done a long time ago. DH and I decided for now to leave it in Godshands - if He sends us babies He'll make it possible for us to provide for them. We wont be telling anyone in IRL for at least a couple more months so for those who know me on FB please keep this off my main page.