Thread: Does this sound like an 'oops'? or just a crazy cycle?

Hybrid View

CoffeeNThredson Guest

Default Does this sound like an 'oops'? or just a crazy cycle?

Let me start by saying that I am not TTC, that I just trackmy cycles to avoid pregnancy.

Normally I have very regular cycles lasting 31-32 days and OV around day 18 (I'm one of those people who gets ov cramps and is very easy for me to tell).

Last period was confusing as it may have come about 3 days early- didn't pay much attention because sometimes I'll spot for a day or so before it starts, but it lasted til the normal end date.*

Even if my period came early, and ovulation came early, BFs sperm wouldve had to survive almost 6 days to be around for ov- he is an older man so I've always figured that isn't likely for his sperm.

On the day I would ovulate on a regular cycle I did have lots of eggwhite but I also had some bad cramping and bright blood mixed with the eggwhite for a day (enough to require a tampon) then it tapered off over the next day. Cramps were on and off and random.

All was fine, then a couple days later I had light bleeding/spotting again for maybe 2 days & sore breasts. I also got a craving for tomatoes (which I can understand from bleeding since they have iron in them). Cople days after than I had pretty extreme fatigue- I slept through an entire day, was awake the next normally, slept an entire day again. Following all of that, I had a crazyhigh sex drive for 2 days.

My 'period' started about 3 days ago and has been uncharacteristically really light. I can wear a tampon all day and 3/4ths of it will be dry when I take it out. I don't even need a tampon really but have used them in anticipation of my usually heavy flow. It's mostly really dark but has bit of bright red. About two days before it started I had really sore boobs for a day and nothing since.

I cant say I feel pregnant, I don't feel like I'm on my period either.

Does this sound like an 'oops' or just a cycle gone crazy?
    Last edited by CoffeeNThredson; 01-26-2013 at 12:59 AM.

I would say it's probably just a weird cycle, but if you already have your "period" you can take a test. If its negative I'd say you're not pregnant. If you're really really not wanting a child, id think of another method of protection, even if its just pulling out. Charting alone is just too risky, the number of people that have unintentionally gotten pregnant that way is staggering.

CoffeeNThredson Guest

Thanks for the reply. We do use extra precaution within 3 days before and after ovulation. Spermicide at the very least often coupled with pulling out. Has been working fine for almost a year now. We are both mixed on the idea of kids so it is acceptable birth control for us. I figured if I actually start feeling pregnant or have enough people who thinks thats what this sounds like, then I'd take a test .

Spermicide and tracking cycles is low on the totem pole as far birth control. I'd use condoms with the spermicide if you are still on the fence about having a baby. Anyways I'd buy a generic HPT just to make sure.

test

CoffeeNThredson Guest

Hotpink, tracking cycles alone is actually just as effective as condoms. Even moreso if done completely correctly. I've had more pregnancy scares with condoms than tracking my cycle. Also your opinion on using even more caution if on the fence wasn't necessary. Like I stated before, we are using a method we are born comfortable with and has worked just fine for 10months already. Enough said. Why deprive ourselves of bare contact when the method we use is just as effective as condoms.

That said, for the benefit of anyone else who may stumble upon this with similar experience- period came normal, just didn't get heavy until about day 4-5, normally gets heavy on day 2. No pregnancy here!

I'll also suggest anyone else who reads this (especially young girls/women) do not try to use this method unless they have a regular cycle that they are very familiar with, and a long term partner they are willing to risk it with- after discussing the possible outcome of pregnancy. It's a great method for those responsible enough to use it properly, but like every other method , is not without risk.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeNThredson View Post
    Hotpink, tracking cycles alone is actually just as effective as condoms. Even moreso if done completely correctly. I've had more pregnancy scares with condoms than tracking my cycle. Also your opinion on using even more caution if on the fence wasn't necessary. Like I stated before, we are using a method we are born comfortable with and has worked just fine for 10months already. Enough said. Why deprive ourselves of bare contact when the method we use is just as effective as condoms.

That said, for the benefit of anyone else who may stumble upon this with similar experience- period came normal, just didn't get heavy until about day 4-5, normally gets heavy on day 2. No pregnancy here!

I'll also suggest anyone else who reads this (especially young girls/women) do not try to use this method unless they have a regular cycle that they are very familiar with, and a long term partner they are willing to risk it with- after discussing the possible outcome of pregnancy. It's a great method for those responsible enough to use it properly, but like every other method , is not without risk.
    You were the one coming here to a pregnancy/ motherhood forum asking for advice if you were pregnant. I was suggesting to use other protection if you don't want a baby right now.

[/QUOTE]I'll also suggest anyone else who reads this (especially young girls/women) do not try to use this method unless they have a regular cycle that they are very familiar with, and a long term partner they are willing to risk it with- after discussing the possible outcome of pregnancy. It's a great method for those responsible enough to use it properly, but like every other method , is not without risk.[/QUOTE]

Good advice! Glad you got the outcome you were hoping for!

I am actually Catholic, and in our pre marital classes they talked about using charting, not as a form of birth control, but as a form of family planning, but most of the couples that took the charting class were using this as a birth control method. I do agree with you that it should be used as a form of birth control only between a couple that is willing to risk a pregnancy and in the right place to have children... for young women, I would recommend something much stronger. I myself take birth control, and find this more effective for me, since I have irregular cycles.

I think that you could be having a weird cycle as well, but the quickest way to find out if you are pregnant or not is to run to the store and grab an HPT, I know its nerve wracking to take one, but you'll feel a lot better after when you actually know for sure what is going on.
    Last edited by oceanfairie; 01-29-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...