Thread: Boy name input! (again!)

Default Boy name input! (again!)

I've decided, that I wont be 100% on a boy name until I'm 100% sure i'm having a boy...which will be at birth! If, of course, its a boy...

So now we are thinking of the name Fraser. We both like it a lot, except we have slightly different opinions on how its pronounced.
    He likes Fraser exactly how it looks, like after the 'Fraser River' I like it pronounced 'Fray-zhure' Like how Dr Frasier Crane pronounced his name on the show.
    He seems to think that they are both different names, but I think they are the exact same name, and he will end up getting both pronunciations based on who says his name, kwim??

Are they separate names? What do you think??

Now that you ask, I'm not sure which is which. I guess I think of the tv show but I don't actually know how that's spelled. I'm not sure if I've heard it how your husband says it - but then, the tv show is so prevalent in terms of the name (or anything similar) that it's hard to recall.

I agree with you, he will get both pronunciations.

Quote Originally Posted by ibisgirldc View Post
    Now that you ask, I'm not sure which is which. I guess I think of the tv show but I don't actually know how that's spelled. I'm not sure if I've heard it how your husband says it - but then, the tv show is so prevalent in terms of the name (or anything similar) that it's hard to recall.
    How Dh says it is Fray-sir. DD told me she thinks its a silly name that sounds like 'freezer' (Thanks Ari!) you know you are not confident in the names you choose when you take personally the opinion of your 4 year old!! Thinking of boys names isnt' fun anymore.
    Please, baby, be a girl LOL!

I see them as two different names. Fraser is how they say it in the UK, and Frasier is more an American pronunciation to me.

I would pronounce it Fraiser if I saw it spelled like Fraser.