Thread: newbie here :)

Default newbie here :)

Heyy ladies,im a newby im happy to announce im ttc # 2 after having the mirena for almost 5yrs. I just got it removd jan 7 had my last af dec 24 now im 3days late so my ? Is can removing my iud thro off my cycle or can i alllready b pregers?? Im lookin 4ward to following u ladies and hope i can help out and support as much as possible, thanx

Hi and welcome! I cannot speak to mirena as I have never used it, but I can talk about my experience with Nuvaring, which may or may not be similar to what can happen with Mirena. So IDK if this will even help! Anyway, I was on NR before my first baby for like 7 years. Once we decided to start trying, I removed it the day it was supposed to come out, got AF, and then immediately got pregnant during that first cycle of no BC. So for that reason, I believe you could def be pregnant. My second baby it took me about three/four months off BC to get pregnant, but I had super irregular cycles (some really short and some really long), so that could also be the issue you are having now. Then my third baby I was off BC for several months but wasn't TTC, just relying on pull out method, but obviously that didn't work as evidenced by my beautiful baby boy :-) But I did have very regular cycles during that whole time, at least in terms of when AF showed up, so coming off BC didn't always make me irregular. But anyway, I think it's hard to tell what your true cycle is right off BC because potentially your body is in an adjustment period. So you may not actually be "late" you may just be having a long cycle, which def happened to me. Or you may be pregnant! So IDK if I have helped at all, but you should def POAS! Keep up posted and good luck!
    DD 1 (6), DD2 (4), DS (2), MC 7/13

!! I have no idea but I would definitely take a pg test! FX!! Hope you get a !!!

I agree with the other ladies. I came off the pill before TTC and my cycles were a mess for a long time. Take a test and go from there. Sorry I'm not much help. Hope your stay is short and sweet!
    Sam(Me)-25 Mitch(DH)-34 4 Furbabies TTC since May 2009. My Blog: Infertility Bites

I was on Mirena for 3 years and when I had it removed the doc said that you could get pregnant right after removing it since your hormones should go right back to normal. It is different for every woman but if you are late and are having either pg symptoms or no period symptoms, I would test. GL and FX for you!!!

When I had mine removed my first cycle was long, but went pretty regular after that. GL!!

While it is possible to get pregnant after getting off BC what I think is more likely is that your cycles are just messed up! Definitely take a pregnancy test and rule that out and just give your body a few cycles to figure itself out Welcome and good luck!!
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Thank u soooooo much ladies!!! Im feelin the ♥♥♥!! Howeverrr af woke me up bright n early this morn , im actually glad bcause now i can figure out my cycle post mirena, sooo february baby dancin it is, or like my bff told me earlier today "happy humping" lol
    THANX AGAIN LADIES

So glad you have a definite starting point! Praying you get your bfp asap!! !

Welcome and yay for af coming and your cycle getting back to normal! Hope your stay here is short and sweet!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13