Thread: Ectopic??

Default Ectopic??

On Wednesday January 16th I found out I’m pregnant.

On Friday January 18th I went to my first “preg” appointment with my OBGYN. She did a u/s and saw fluid (from a cyst rupture) under my left ovary near my uterus. She didn’t see a sac, but told me it was too early to see one. “We know when I ovulated because I had a u/s done as a follow up when the DR saw I was ovulating.” So last Friday was 2 weeks from my O, that makes exactly 2 weeks (approximately) from conception. So it’s way too early to see a sac.
    So I was left with the “waiting game” to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. I had to get my HCG levels on Monday and repeat today, I go in for another u/s on Friday (hoping) to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

My Progesterone and HCG levels have NEVER been so high, not even with my DS (13 yrs old), with him I was bleeding and have pelvic pain from the very begging I found out I was pregnant.

Last Wednesday my HCG levels where at 119.5, on Monday 740.5 and today 1829.9

I’m NOT bleeding and have NO pelvic pain. I’ve been getting light cramps and a bit of backaches (which I now it could be normal) but nothing I can’t tolerate. My MF and PMS is worst. I am so confused and don’t know what to think.

Does anyone have a similar story or situation?? Can the numbers go up so fast and high with an ectopic pregnancy?? Can I be pain free and no bleeding and have an ectopic pregnancy??

I wouldn't go by HCG alone at all. High numbers can also mean multiples....or it could mean nothing. I can tell you that at 5 weeks 5 days mine were like 13,000 and then 72 hours later they were 43,000. the same as a lady who was 8 weeks. All this means at this point is you seem to have a normally progressing pregnancy! Yay!

That being said, my cousin had 2 ectopics and never knew about either one until they were seen on u/s around 8 weeks and her tubes were about to rupture. I wouldn't stress until you are a given a reason to stress. Sounds like your doc is on top of this.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Maybe you're having twins!! I hope everything is ok. I would just be extra vigilant and if you have any severe pain go to the ER right away.

If multiples, we have no worries . We (DH and me) have talked about it and would be happy to welcome multiples…. With DS my HCG levels went up slowly and with my previous miscarriages they never passed 50. So multiples did cross our mind…

I have been trying not to over think and worry… But throughout the years I have heard different stories on ectopic, all have included pain and bleeding. So I am a bit confused…
    I will be crushed if after so many years in TTC and had given up in TTC 2 years ago, I get this opportunity and for it to be an ectopic. I don’t think I will have another chance again in becoming pregnant after so many years (about 10 years of trying and failing). I find this pregnancy to be a miracle and a blessing.

I was so worried about my age (almost 40), about the difference of age with DS (he turns 14 soon) and other things that come with a pregnancy. Now all that is meaningless, I don’t care about it just that it isn’t an ectopic.

“Praying and hoping”

EDITED TO ADD::: Thank you for your posts
    Last edited by MaeveBell; 01-23-2013 at 06:40 PM.

I doubt its ectopic because more times than not you'd have a lot of pain in your abdomen also an unusual thing but a side effect is pain in the shoulder. I forgot if its left or right. webmd.com would have reliable information type in ectopic.

try not to be worrying about ectopic, unless you feel pain assume its a normal pregnancy. Theres no need to have worrisome thoughts when more than likely the baby is all fine and dandy.

Thank you for your posts…. I have kept positive and I have avoided over thinking so not to stress. I even got motivated and got a ticker tonight.

My appointment is tomorrow, and another u/s, and hopefully a sac can be seen… I will admit that I just started to get a bit anxious and can’t wait for tomorrow. Don’t know how I held it together these past few days.

All is still good… So I should post tomorrow with update.

Good luck tomrrow! Will be looking for the update.
    Married 7/10/04.

Thank You Mariel!!
    Last edited by MaeveBell; 01-24-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Stop worrying about ectopic! LOL! You don't have any reason to worry about that! Your hcg levels are fine!

Looking forward to your update!

I’m happy I found this forum to post… It really helped reading everyone’s thoughts and their own experiences.

As I mentioned, I had a follow up u/s to rule out an “ectopic pregnancy”… And it was ruled out!! My DR was happy with my HCG levels and said they were more than doubling, so that was a good sign that the pregnancy was progressing…
    The sac was hardly visible but I could see a small dot developing (it’s still too early), but my DR reassured me a sac is developing. There isn’t anything visible in my tubes, so she ruled out ectopic…. I still have fluid from the previous ruptured cyst. Nothing to be alarmed about my DR said. I started having a bit of cramps today and some backaches (don’t know if it was all the time I waited at the DRs Office or stress while waiting).

Relived, happy and excited!!

I have another appointment on Feb. 4th with hope that the sac will be more visible by then… I am so relived and happy.

DH took us out to dinner to celebrate and at dinner we told DS, he was SO HAPPY… Then he turned to my DH with a “high five” and said “you did a good job dad”, we all busted out laughing . My son the joker… We are still waiting a bit more before we tell the family and friends.

Thank you ladies for your support, it was my first post on a forum and I felt welcomed. I am still getting to know how all this works and want to be able to post on other threads as well. So hope to stick around for some time and share more as my pregnancy progress.

So glad you have the relief of knowing the baby is growing where he/she should be. I hope this pregnancy continues uneventfully for you! We'd love for you to keep us posted. Feel free to join the ladies in your due date month room!

Yay! Happy and healthy 9 months!
    Married 7/10/04.

!!

Thank You!!

Kmrk336, thank you for the due date month recommendation…

So happy and excited for you and your family. Happy and healthy 9 months!