Thread: oy...hormonal vent...

Default oy...hormonal vent...

Yikes, after having only steady-freddy bfing hormones the last 10months I am *so* hormonal since ovulating this weekend...just feel like crying over *everything* the last two days!! And this is without the progesterone supplements, lol!

I called my cnm's office this morning to have them call in prometrium for me. The nurse told me my midwife isn't doing clinicals until Thursday and would probably want to see me first . I told her I needed the prescription yesterday and wasn't comfortable waiting until Thursday because I've had 9 losses and a history of low progesterone. At that point she said she'd get a note right over to the midwife. I'm frustrated because this is the sole reason why I set up a pre-pg consultation (Jan 17th), to avoid this kind of a hassle...so frustrated right now ! I will be calling throughout the day if I don't hear from them .

So of course I just want to go to bed and cry ! Instead I'm heading to Starbucks for comfort coffee and to the mall for a bit of therapeutic shopping.

And, really, this weather...no sun at all in the foreseeable forecast...not helping !

Anyone else in the 2ww feeling crazy hormonal or is it just me experiencing extra drama after being even keel for so long ??

Oh, and my rational self knows I'm out-of-proportion upset...lol, stupid hormones

Ugh, hormones suck sometimes haha. I'm calling today to ensure they put a rush on my progesterone order...I only have enough till Friday.

I wish I would have had her just prescribe it so I had it here rather than having to risk not getting it soon enough. I know it'll be fine but I'm overly anxious...amazing how fast all those emotions after pg loss can come flooding back under the right hormonal conditions.

Do you increase your dose after a + hpt or do you stay on the 200?

They haven't mentioned increasing the dose once I get a pos hpt....do people usually increase their dose. I've never had a pos while on progesterone before. Do you increase your dose? How often do you get your progesterone level tested while pregnant?

I start at a lower dose, 100mg once per day and then increase it to twice per day after I get a +. Maybe it depends on the type of progesterone, not sure, or it could just be that every Dr does it differently.

They only test mine once at the beginning and it has always been good when I'm on progesterone so they don't test it again. If I had spotting/bleeding I would probably request that they check it.

Eta...ha, I remember when I was on Crinone (similar to what you're taking) I started out on 200mg once per day and they did end up increasing my dose after a + hpt to 200mg twice per day. It made me really dizzy and nauseous though.
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-28-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Ya I'm on 200 twice a day to begin with. I'm getting my level checked this Friday (7dpo)....should I expect it to be higher than usual since I'm on progesterone? I e heard conflicting stories about how the suppositories don't increase your levels to show up on a blood test.

Got my progesterone !

I'm not sure about the suppository and blood values thing ...I know my numbers were low (less than 10) when I wasn't on it but are higher now (anywhere from 20s-40s!). The only thing I've changed is adding prometrium and low-dose aspirin.

for good numbers on Friday!!

Is the prometrium you're on suppositories?

It can be taken orally or as a suppository but my cnm said use it as a suppository.

Wanted to add that I have taken it orally before but switched to vaginally because it made me so dizzy and sleepy I had a hard time functioning and driving was out of the question.