Thread: drop side crib

Default drop side crib

ethical dilemma - DH and I have a hand-me-down dropside crib that is about 10 years old. My sister "used" it for her twins and then gave it to us 4.5 years ago for our son. I had no reservations about using it for my son, it is a very sturdy piece of furniture. So here is the real dilemma - DH's brother and his fiancee are expecting and DH offered the crib to them. But I have reservations about giving it to them. I don't want to feel like I'm forcing it on them especially if they are uncomfortable about the drop-side. I mentioned telling his brother about BRU trade-in event that they could swap the old crib for 25% off a new one and DH was like "why would they do that?"

WWUD?
    Cara, Mike and Zachary (7/29/08) - happy little family

Most companies offer a free conversion kit to disable the drop bar. I just installed it on my old crib. I wouldn't worry about it.

I would offer it and just make sure that you tell them you don't mind if they don't want it or would prefer to trade it in.

I'm still using a drop side crib. And it doesn't make me even the tiniest bit worried.I can't even reach DD when the side is up, lol

I would offer it, but tell them that its ok if they don't want it, or if they want to trade it in. It's the thought that counts anyways.
    Jennifer

I would still offer it. In fact we are going to be using a drop side crib but we are side caring it so the drop side wont even be on it. I know in some of my FB groups people are still looking for them because they want to be able to pull their baby out without having to use a step stool. Although it would not hurt to throw in that you don't mind if they trade it in to get a discount on a crib they want.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    I would offer it, but tell them that its ok if they don't want it, or if they want to trade it in. It's the thought that counts anyways.
    This
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

Thank you for the sound advice, ladies. DH is going to bring it over next weekend when he goes to their superbowl party.
    Cara, Mike and Zachary (7/29/08) - happy little family