Thread: Bathtub safety

Default Bathtub safety

What products do you ladies use in your bathtub to make it safer for your kids? L just started taking more baths rather than showers and the other day she sliced her toe on the drain. Our drain looks like this: http://www.faucetdirect.com/moen-t90331-tub-drain-kit-with-push-n-lock-drain-assembly/p1030537?source=gg-gba-pla_1030537____6438720083&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!389642 57243!g!M!6438720083&gclid=CMPloMee-rQCFQWonQodP1YANw
    (Hope that link works since I'm posting from my tablet)

Do they make covers for drains? We are renting so I'm not sure about switching it out for a different style.
    Also what faucet covers and non-slip products do you use?

Ouch! There are covers to catch hair that might help.

Hmm, I wonder if that would work. Thanks!

Blog Entries

We have the hair-catching cover (b/c I tend to shed a lot of hair and our drains would be clogged w/o it). All we have in there, otherwise, is a mat for the tub. I never thought about hurting a foot on the drain! Hope her toe is ok!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Blog Entries

You can actually pull out the normal stopper and replace it with a plastic one. I can't find the one that we have on amazon but we just went to Target and picked one up.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

When my children were little we used a bath ring similar to this one but not nearly as expensive
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...32-221330055-2

Then, we just used a mat on the bottom and now they are fine.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

I need to get a bath seat for my 11 month old, although I usually just bath her in the sink. This was my three year old that cut her toe. It was a pretty decent gash, so I need to figure out something. And I remember cutting my back on the faucet when I was little, so I need to get a cover for that also.

Oh I see. I have not looked into drain covers but there are plenty for the faucet. We used those too when the kids were younger.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

http://www.amazon.com/Boon-Deflector...&keywords=boon
    have this for ths spout cover... love that it deflects the water out so i can wash hair and rinse the kids off.

We use a Skip Hop faucet cover (the whale one) and a mat on the bottom of the tub. We use a flat plastic drain cover, but our drain is flat -- I see that yours sticks up so I'm not sure what you could use. Ouch on her toe -- that sounds painful!
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09