Thread: Herbal/Natural Remedies???

Default Herbal/Natural Remedies???

I have been having major energy issues for months, basically I have just been dragging azz and need a pick me up. I asked on my FB page if anyone knows anything natural and got a few responses, but we haven't been advertising that we are trying to get pregnant. I'm not sure if the stuff that was recommended is ok to take when pregnant (or trying to get pregnant) and was wondering if anyone has any advice? Here are the suggestions I have so far:
    • Bee pollen
    • Essential oils
    • Taurine and Arginine supplements
    • Rhodiola Rosea
    • Green Vibrance
    DD 1 (6), DD2 (4), DS (2), MC 7/13

I don't have any suggestions for supplements, but may I throw out the idea of hypothyroidism? My energy levels is my biggest indicator of my thyroid levels being off kilter. If you don't normally have energy issues, it may be worthwhile to into the underlying reason. Good luck!

That is a good thought! I have always said my energy is bad because I work and have three kids ages five and under But my Mom keeps pushing me to get some general testing done, maybe I should. I exercise almost everyday, eat healthy, I don't sleep well but I do go to bed really early every night so I am in bed from like 8 or 9 pm-6:30 am. No reason I should be so exhausted all the time...maybe I will look into that, thanks!

I'm pretty sure bee pollen can actually aid fertility.
    Lindsay, DH - Matt and 2DDs

I wouldn't take any of the supplements you listed while ttc except the bee pollen and I'd stop that once I became pg.

I second the thyroid testing and would suggest you have your b12, vit D, iron, and folic acid levels tested too

I take a prenatal, extra iron, vit D, and a b-complex w/b12 and feel like I have a very good energy level.

If nothing else, a prenatal and sublingual b12

Awesome, thank you so much! Someone else recommended reducing iodine by cutting out salt and also taking B12. Maybe worth a shot, I guess that would be fine if I get pregnant. But boo I don't want to cut out salt! :/

Quote Originally Posted by kemommy View Post
    Awesome, thank you so much! Someone else recommended reducing iodine by cutting out salt and also taking B12. Maybe worth a shot, I guess that would be fine if I get pregnant. But boo I don't want to cut out salt! :/
    I have thyroid disease and use sea salt without iodine...the name brand is Hain's

I agree with the prenatal and vitamin B. I also get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep a night, but I don't have any kiddos yet so I know it's easier said than done

I was also going to suggest B12.
    Mary Jane, doula and mom of Vada, Brynna, Tea, Moira, Kyan, Ambria, Aslan, and Anakin.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Thanks to you all!

A good B-complex vitamin helps, and I would also recommend wheatgrass juice-after a few days of juicing, you won't even need coffee!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!