Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

I had my RE appt today. It's the first time since I've seen her since having DS with the exception of getting a second opinion regarding our miscarriage last fall. She did an ultrasound and said that I have a 15mm follie on the right ovary, but couldn't guarantee that I would ovulate from it. I'm also having tons of EWCM right now. Her recommendation was to start taking the prometrium tonight to induce AF and start a new cycle with Clomid and IUI. I'm sooo tempted to go for it knowing there is the possibility of O soon, but I'm already 40+ days into this cycle, and last time I O'd that late, it ended up in a miscarriage (trisomy 22).

What would you do?
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

(((Hugs)))! That's a tough call for sure!! I honestly have no idea what I would do

I didn't want to read and not reply...I've already read it a couple of times but wanted to think about it before I responded .

I don't have an answer...my heart goes out to you! Thinking of you and praying!

Either way, for a bfp very soon!

It's so tempting since you are having EWCM and the follie is looking good. Maybe wait only a few days if anything. I think the worst that would happen is your Iui would be pushed back, best you O! But also, having cycles like us, it could just go on forever before you O, so it might be good to just start fresh like the dr recommended (and she is the expert!)

I haven't heard of anything related to increased birth defects with late O, it very well could have been a very unfortunate but random event. If you do know of anything that says that please let me know, but I haven't found anything yet.
    GL, I hope you get a sticky bean soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post

I haven't heard of anything related to increased birth defects with late O, it very well could have been a very unfortunate but random event. If you do know of anything that says that please let me know, but I haven't found anything yet.
    GL, I hope you get a sticky bean soon!
    ^^^^^^^ If the late O didn't actually have anything to do with the mc, then I would go for it this cycle and just push back everything else a couple of weeks.
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I decided to take the prometrium last night. I'm about 90% certain I now have a UTI that needs to be treated and it isn't uncommon for me to have copious amounts of EWCM for a week without O. I can't guarantee that I would O off this follie. On top of everything, my temps went up three days ago even though the u/s confirmed I haven't O'd yet (we just got back from a vacation with a 4 hour time difference which is why my temps are all messed up), so I don't even know that my chart would tell me for sure if/when I O.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Good luck... I hope this first cycle at the RE does the trick for you!

GL gatorgrits! I hope the provera works quickly so you can start the Iui cycle. That is so exciting! GL!!!!!!