Thread: Hypothyroid, low progesterone, low BBT....

Default Hypothyroid, low progesterone, low BBT....

Ok so I decided to start temping again along with the OPKs. I started temping on CD4 and so far my temps seem low (I've only compared them to Karen/beanpop temps thou). I did some googling and it seems like low BBT can be a sign of hypothyroidism and or low progesterone.

I've been on thyroid meds since last October and my levels are good now. When I had progesterone tested in October it was low too.

Does anyone have any expirence with low BBT and getting/staying pregnant?

Blog Entries

How low are you talking? I think I would sometimes drop below 97.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

They've been 96.2 to 96.8.

When I temped my pre-O temps were always around 96.4. I have normal thyroid but had shorter cycles, normally 26 days or less.

Heather(33) DH(40) DSS(12) Ethan (2) Ella (4/19/12)

I'm on meds for hypo. My normal body temp is 94.6-96.8...tx hasn't increased my body temp. I also have low progesterone and have had 9m/c. The only pgs I've carried to term since being dxed with thyroid disease are the ones I've taken progesterone with (right after o/dtd).

Crazily, I know I'm sick when my temp is the usual norm 98.6. I had a gbs infection during labor with Adam and his heart rate was elevated (they started talking c/s) but since my temp was only 99.7 (normal for a woman in labor) they didn't think I was sick until DH mentioned I normally have very low body temp. They gave me tylenol and his heart rate normalized when my temp lowered. When my fever finally broke after several rounds of iv abx my temp was 94.4.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Blog Entries

I also have a lower normal body temperature (97.5ish), my thyroid has always tested normal and those low temps have not seemed to correlate with getting pregnant or pregnancy loss.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

Interesting.

I'm very anxious to see if my temp rises/if I O.

You should link me to your chart, I want to take a look at it.

While the thyroid might be a possibility you might just run a low temp. I want to stalk your chart though.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

I don't use fertility friend to chart....I'm using an app on my phone.

There's a FF app

Input your temps in a new FF account just so I can see them

I have the FF app but I couldn't remember my log in info. I reset my password and entered my data....now I'm just trying to figure out how to link it to here.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m2/chart.php

Does that link work to see my chart?

No that just links me to my own chart. It would be home/yourusername

I can't find home/username.