Thread: Just need some peace of mind..

Default Just need some peace of mind..

Hey everyone! so, this is my predicament... I just started taking Seasonale, a little over a week ago and I heard somewhere that BC takes about a month to work effectively? I, unfortunately, just found this out. My boyfriend and I had had sex about 12 times in 5 days. The first couple times he pulled out but for the remaining times, he just came in me. We didn't use any other forms of protection. I'd just like to know the chances of me being pregnant? I think it's a little too early for me to be showing signs and the nausea and cramping could probably be just from the pills. But any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you

How long ago was the 12 times in 5 days? If it was less than 2 weeks ago it is probably too early to be seeing any obvious signs. That being said, you are right that you were probably not protected by the pill during that time and you could very well of become pregnant. I would live a conservative lifestyle (no drinking, smoking etc) and take a test when/if your period is late. You can even test a few days before your period is due, but it might be hard for you to track since the pill can disrupt your normal cycle. Keep using a back up form of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    How long ago was the 12 times in 5 days? If it was less than 2 weeks ago it is probably too early to be seeing any obvious signs. That being said, you are right that you were probably not protected by the pill during that time and you could very well of become pregnant. I would live a conservative lifestyle (no drinking, smoking etc) and take a test when/if your period is late. You can even test a few days before your period is due, but it might be hard for you to track since the pill can disrupt your normal cycle. Keep using a back up form of protection.
    I agree with this.

Thank you for replying! Well, yes, this all was less than 2 weeks ago. The problem is, when would I know if my period is late since Seasonale only gives me a period every 3 months? Should I just give it a month and then take the test?

I would start testing 4-6 weeks after your last period. Good luck!!

The anticipation is going to kill me But thank you for your help! It's greatly appreciated

I have one more question/concern. I've been having cramps in my lower abdomen for a couple days already. The last time I had unprotected sex was 4 days ago and we had sex 3 times that day, alone. That was the last time I had unprotected sex within that 5 day frame. They feel like menstrual cramps. I haven't had much luck with finding out what it could be. Some websites say that the cramps aren't related to pregnancy and some say that they are definitely a sign of pregnancy. I'm very confused and I'd like to get this cleared up!

I had AF like cramps during the first few weeks of this pregnancy. It was due to my uterus growing to accommodate its new tenant unfortunately pre-AF symptoms mimic early pregnancy symptoms so it's hard to say what it is. I will say the cramps during my pregnancy were less painful than AF cramps, more like a discomfort.

Hmm, alright. I shall take that into consideration. Could I still have ovulated, just starting birth control and all? I would have ovulated yesterday (the 21st). I read somewhere that you can get cramps from ovulating but the information mentioned it only being on one side whilst I had all in my lower abdomen. The cramps are gone now at least.

Did you start the seasonale pack mid-cycle or the first Sunday after your last menstrual cycle? If it is the latter, you should be okay. I was always told that you are protected immediately if you start the pill with the start of your cycle (I.e. first Sunday after last period OR first day of period).

I started the pill mid-cycle. I started my period on the 7th, which was a Monday I believe and I went into the doctor on Thursday (10th) and my doctor told me to start taking the pill that day. And I've been taking it ever since. And I started having sex on the 15th, which would be the following Tuesday.

Hmm, I still think you could be okay since technically you would have started the pack that Sunday the 13th. But I would start using condoms now to prevent in the meantime and plan to test 4weeks from Jan 7th (or however long your cycles normally are).

Okay, thank you!

It looks like you could test on February 4th if you want a piece of mind. GL!

Thank you so much