Thread: Are all peanuts unsafe during pregnancy?

Default Are all peanuts unsafe during pregnancy?

Are all peanuts unsafe? What about almonds and almond milk? What kind of milk would you recommend for expecting mom?

Theres nothing unsafe about nuts during pregnancy unless you are allergic.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Babidol View Post
    Theres nothing unsafe about nuts during pregnancy unless you are allergic.
    Yeah, that.

Yeah, unless you are allergic to the nuts, there is no reason you can't eat them.
    Jennifer

I agree with pp. I've heard that some believe that eating them during pregnancy can increase the chances of baby having an allergy, but I don't think there is any proof of that. I've eaten nuts and peanut butter through all f my pregnancies and not had any problems. Insure it's ll safe!
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pangie View Post
    I agree with pp. I've heard that some believe that eating them during pregnancy can increase the chances of baby having an allergy, but I don't think there is any proof of that. I've eaten nuts and peanut butter through all f my pregnancies and not had any problems. Insure it's ll safe!
    I haven't seen any evidence either. I wouldn't go crazy with them, but eating them in moderation is fine. I've eaten peanut butter during my previous pregnancies and so far so good.

Blog Entries

Hmmmm...I'm a peanut/peanut butter addict and ate them constantly during my pregnancies. No allergies for my girls...but they do love nuts! I'd say go ahead and eat them!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Red face Thank you.

Thank you all for your comments. You all have beautiful children. Congratulations!!!