Thread: Juicing?

Default Juicing?

I started juicing about a week ago to get more vegetable juice in our diet since I don't feel like I eat enough vegetables. No, I won't eat them raw and neither will DH so I thought this was better than nothing

However, now I read that juices promote detoxing and that you shouldn't be juicing while breastfeeding. None of it was from a credible sources though. So... I am not sure whether or not to continue with it?? I don't do it as meal replacements, rather an addition to my breakfasts. A sample juice would be made from 3 carrots, 1 apple, 1 beet and would be shared between DH and I. I don't feel like that's an unreasonable amount of vegetables if I were to eat them rather than juice them but who knows??

Has anyone heard about juicing and breastfeeding?

Blog Entries

I think that it is detoxing if you only drink juice. I wouldn't worry about adding a vegetable juice drink to your breakfast.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

I think it's probably fine. I never heard of it being a problem. A detox diet might be problematic but that is not what you are doing.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

I'd think it would only be a problem if all you were injesting was the juice; but since you're not, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Jennifer

Seriously, your body is detoxing constantly. That's what your kidneys and liver are for, and there is no magical property to fruits/veggies that are juiced, that aren't there when they're eaten (you get less fiber from the juice). Don't worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about as long as your not dieting and only having juice.

When I read juicing, I thought you were doing the detox diet!
    If it is a part of your regular meals - no problem. Just also drink more water
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook