Thread: Food with alcohol in it

Default Food with alcohol in it

Do you eat it? Like wine sauce or a cake with rum in it, or beer bread, what do you do? Eat it or not? I'm just wondering what everyone else does when faced with this.
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

Blog Entries

I don't think that I would even think twice about. The alcohol is often gone after a food item is cooked and I don't think that I have ever had rum cake (which has the alcohol added after it is cooked).
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

I cook with alcohol all the time. The only time I dont eat it is if its not cooked. If it is cooked all the alcohol is cooked out leaving only the flavor. Its not a big deal at all.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

I would eat it, even if it isn't cooked. The amount of rum in a rum cake is like 2oz, spread over 8+servings you are getting less than a dose of cough syrup. And even if it isn't cooked, it does evaporate.

I agree. Cooking burns off the alcohol content. If you feel more comfortable avoiding it, no worries if you play "better safe than sorry" right? I wouldn't hesitate to enjoy it though... especially beer bread - yum!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

I haven't stayed away from it in other pregnancies, and don't really plan to in this one. I was just wondering if I was in the minority or majority
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

Stopping in not to judge or anything but, here is a link to answer questions about food and alcohol. There alcohol doesn't totally evaporate but, its totally your call just adding the information. http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/AlcoholCooking.htm

I still cooked with it when I was pregnant and never thought twice about it.
    Jennifer