Thread: Why, why, why

Default Why, why, why

Why does my body hate me. We were able to conceive dd without even trying. Now that we are trying, it won't happen my RE put me on progesterone and I took it in October for 2 weeks until I got a bfn and then AF came....come to find out a few weeks later I WAS pregnant but they said that I probably don't need the progesterone so I didn't take it...baby didnt make it past 5 weeks and I MC (because of the lack of progesterone?????? We will never know).

Per OPKs I O'd 2 weeks after my MC but didn't get pregnant. I emailed my RE and her nurse or assistant or someone said that her plan for me is to get on clomid but DH needs his sperm tested first. I emailed right back and said that if all I need is progesterone then I'd like to stay away from clomid if possible. I originally asked if I can get blood work done since this is cycle day 3 of my cycle.

I'm so upset! I really really really wanted a July baby and REALLY wanted my kids to be 2.5 years apart. DH doesn't really want me to use progesterone or clomid or anything to get pregnant but he does want another baby just like me.

Hang in there. It's a tough journey to be sure.
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

(((Big hugs)))!!! The only 3 pgs I carried to term out of the last 10 pgs were the ones I took progesterone and low-dose aspirin with. I started 100mg of prometrium or crinone (the latter is very expensive and I noticed no benefits of it over the prometrium) vaginally from ovulation/intercourse until I got a positive pg test. From that point until 12-15wks I took 200mg vaginally.

Maybe tell your dh it's better to think of it not as a drug but something your body may be lacking or not absorbing/utilizing efficiently. It's putting back what should already be there but for whatever reason isn't. By the time a pg has advanced enough for a Dr to draw for progesterone levels you've already lost some of its greatest benefits (helps build a good lining for a stronger, more nourishing implant). It won't help every woman get or stay pg but I sure think it's worth a try :-) .

Praying you get a bfp very soon! I'm so sorry it hasn't worked out exactly as you had hoped !

!

ETA...prometrium is very inexpensive, I paid $5/month...in case finances are a concern :-)
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-15-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm sorry. Hugs!

Why would my RE insist on clomid if I'm O'ing normally? What other "fixes" for females are there besides progesterone and clomid?

I've heard Clomid give you a stronger O. Some women do ovulate but it's not strong enough to lead to a PG.
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I do O on my own but I had some anovulatory cycles so the RE rx Clomid. That increased my egg production and with the trigger shot, ensured those eggs released. Did help getting me pregnant twice, but didn't solve my problem keeping the pregnancy. Still, I agree with him that for me and at my age, more eggs are better.

The side effects of Clomid build up over time, though, and I won't do it again. Femara if anything.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm sorry this is so frustrating for you, I definitely understand! Ultimately, definitely be your own strongest advocate

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Well I convinced my RE to do lab work this cycle 7dpo, they will just test progesterone though.

I'm so pissed off and depressed over this I'm super irritable and I'm getting really frustrated with anyone around me, including dd

sorry ttc is so difficult! i remember you from Jan. DD 2011 we were in there together! i cant imagine the heartach you are having! just want to offer lots of xoxo

Big hugs my friend
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*