Thread: When should I take a HPT?

Default When should I take a HPT?

So my husband and I have been trying for a while to have kids, but no such luck. Everything seems normal, even had a few tests done which have all come back normal, doctors told me that it's probably stress (I had a huge emotional issue over the summer for about 5 months). Normal PMS symptoms are: really really bad migraines and tender breasts about 5 days out from my AF starting every month. Migraines generally coupled with nausea, but only while headaches last. Cramps about 1 day before I start my cycle. Average cycle is 28 days.

This month, we had sex on all the right days and then about 9 DPO, I started getting nauseous. For the past 4 days, I have been nauseous for the entire day, even when I eat. I have been craving really salty and sour foods. I have been feeling dizzy and lightheaded and have had hot flashes. Also very tender breasts (altho sometimes I have tender breasts from the day I ovulate on, and this is true this month as well). I have a few more "symptoms" as well.

I normally don't feel nauseous like this (like I said, nausea usually only accompanies my migraines, which I haven't had this month), was wondering if anyone else had the same type of symptoms early on and then found out they were pregnant. I am scared to take a HPT so early b/c of the odds of it being negative. With the struggles we've been having, a negative test (even false negative) would be heartbreaking. Supposed to start my AF in 3-4 days, but it's killing me to wait!

Thanks for your help!

You could try an Early result pregnancy test. If its still negative wait another week. GL!

I'd wait till 12 DPO to test but that's just me. I did not experience any symptoms until about 6 weeks with this pregnancy, but everyone's different.

Thanks for the response! I think I will try a HPT tomorrow if I feel the same as I do today. I woke up feeling very nauseous and it hasn't gone away. I am also constantly hungry, which is very odd for me because I am rarely hungry usually.

I had an incredible appetite which was very out of character for me during the 1st trimester! I gained 3 pounds in a month. Hope it's a good sign for you too!

I agree, take one around 12 DPO
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

took HPT this morning, BFN....sigh, knew it was silly to get my hopes up

Sorry!! Hope next month is your month! Are you temping or using OPKs to predict ovulation?

Quote Originally Posted by eeaa1134 View Post
    took HPT this morning, BFN....sigh, knew it was silly to get my hopes up
    I am sorry hon.

Thanks guys. Nothing more than I expected, been the same for the past 15 months

Been using OPKs, works fine, but still just not getting anywhere. Very frustrating.