Thread: GroVia Hybrid AI2

Default GroVia Hybrid AI2

I used this just one time and we did not just leak, we had a puddle under her. Any ideas on what I did wrong???? Thanks.

DD is long and lean and I liked the trimness of this diaper but don't like the puddle and am now afraid to use again!
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Is it new or used? My guess is if it's new, sit needs to be prepped more or she's just a super soaker and you'll need more absorbency somehow. If it's used, I'd think it either needs a good strip or she's just a super soaker and you'll need more absorbency somehow. (Granted, I've never used thit style of diaper)

**Lizzo**

GroVia is organic and all natural and has to be washed and dried 3 times minimum to reach good absorbency.

Was the diaper wet at all?

I prepped it by washing 6 times, which is more than the package said. It did not say anything about drying, too. I'll keep at it. I like my others so far better, but these are so trim.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Blog Entries

We never had much luck with Grovia AI2s or AIOs. You can check to see if it is prepped enough by flicking water onto the surface. If it beads up it isn't ready. It it absorbs quickly it is ready.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Until her pee turned into super concentrated toddler pee, Grovias were my favorites. Now I just stick a fleece liner on them and protect her bottom and they are super absorbent.

We've used these for almost a year without leaks. If you have an actual puddle, then I imagine either the liner isn't absorbing fast enough or there is a gap around the leg or it wasn't pulled up high enough in front (actually I only have boys so I don't know where little girls soak the most, haha). If she is lean, maybe she leaked out the leg hole. I would doubt she goes so much the liner is saturated, I doubt this would leave a puddle. Try putting them on her without pants and watch her run aroung to see if she gapes around the leg holes or belly. If no gaping, then it's not absorbing fast enough for some reason.

I think you have to dry them too and not just wash to prep.
    Me 38, DH 38, DS 5/28/08, DS 7/6/10

Sakura Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinseed2011 View Post
    I prepped it by washing 6 times, which is more than the package said. It did not say anything about drying, too. I'll keep at it. I like my others so far better, but these are so trim.
    Yeah, you'll need to dry each time, too.

I like my GroVias a lot. I don't have a lot of them but they are my only cloth diaper that has not leaked (or it's been only once or twice).