Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thank you ladies for all the help

Keep us posted! Your in my thoughts!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Keep us posted! Your in my thoughts!!!!
    Ditto! I've been silently stalking and hoping everything turns out ok. Hugs!

I think the best thing you can do is get another Beta in 48 hrs to confirm HCG is doubling. Then, around 5 or 6 weeks get an ultrasound.

That is crazy that the urine test was negative and the beta was positive. Wonder what urine tests they are using.
    I thought 50's were ok for where your at but you want to see it double in 48hrs. So I'm with AJHmommy hopefully you can get another beta Friday or Saturday. You definitely have grounds to request it with your situation. FX for you Tigger!

Me, Danielle -28 DH, Andy-29 DD, Payton-5
    12/07 mommy! Formally firsttimer828 -STC#2 since 07/2010-BFP-2/4/13
    ITS A GIRL!!!!

Just read this whole thread...

Thinking of you and hope everything turns out!

My beta at 11dpo was 11 and at 14dpo was 40 with C.
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by haydensmom View Post
    My beta at 11dpo was 11 and at 14dpo was 40 with C.
    so 15 dpo and 51.6 seems to be okay. This makes me feel a little better with the number.

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by paytonsmom0818 View Post
    That is crazy that the urine test was negative and the beta was positive. Wonder what urine tests they are using.
    I thought 50's were ok for where your at but you want to see it double in 48hrs. So I'm with AJHmommy hopefully you can get another beta Friday or Saturday. You definitely have grounds to request it with your situation. FX for you Tigger!
    I am glad that I did not beleive the urine test and asked her for the blood because before she told me the urine test result the ct (cat scan) lady comes in to have me drink dye for a ct (my doc was worried of a appendix) and I started really questioning the lady trying to get me to drink this dye so I told her why I was there and she says hold on and she brought my doc in and that is when she told me that the urine was -. Then I told her I would feel more comfortable with a beta and she said sure she would do it. When she left the room the doc did tell me don't be disapointed when the blood comes back - also. Our urine tests are pretty accurate. I told her well there are so many different factors with urine test in early pg diluted urine, not held it long enough. She says true and leaves telling me as soon as she gets the results she would be back.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlb View Post
    Just an update- I am still getting dark lines on a ic and answer brand. I did just get back from the er. They first did a urine pg test at the er that came back negative. So I ask her for a beta just because I don't trust the result of the urine test based on what I am getting at home. So she said sure that she did not have a problem of doing a beta. So when she comes back she says "I am glad I listened to you on being pg because I have never seen a urine test be neg and a blood test come back positive" My beta came back at 51.6. So I am pg but to where the pg is at or if it is going to be viable or not is still up in the air. I am to go back next week to the er if the spotting is still there or pain if I cannot get into my doc next week. I just think 51.6 is to low for a viable pg @ 15 DPO. It could be okay since I just got a + test 4 days ago to. So for now I just sit and wait till next week. She said it is very common to have what I had with the af and spotting early on in pg so it could be either or.
    My RE said at 14DPO they want the HCG to be between 70-100; however, my HCG with DS was 17 at 14 DPO and 49 at 16 DPO. I wouldn't worry just yet.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Wait... Really?

Sue... You know I consider you a friend. And maybe I'm just extra sensitive because I'm so bitter about STC for longer than you've been trying and having 1 kid, while you have 3 and probably another on the way...

But really?? It's no big deal?? You can't afford something as basic as health insurance and you've been TRYING to have more kids, as close together as possible?? Do you realize that's MY tax money you're using to support the kids you should have waited to have??

If you can't afford the basics, you shouldn't be having more kids. Accidents are one thing, but we all know you've been purposefully trying to have them as close as possible. And now you're doing it again? On purpose? So my tax dollars can pay for any health issues that stem from putting your body through something its not ready for??

Accidentally having a kid I will pay for is one thing. Purposefully having a kid I will pay for is one thing. But purposefully having a kid that I will pay for AND having the attitude that it's no big deal???

I'm sorry, but that really hurts, a lot. I'm struggling to get pregnant on my own dime, and that is a LOT of dimes, let me add... And just to know that a friend thinks it's "no big deal" that I'm also paying for her to have so many kids as close together as possible... Well, that just sucks. Big time.
    wow really? RUDE!! Maybe bitter but all this is is an opinion. Sorry you've been STC but so have others, read and/or move on.

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    My RE said at 14DPO they want the HCG to be between 70-100; however, my HCG with DS was 17 at 14 DPO and 49 at 16 DPO. I wouldn't worry just yet.
    Well Your #'s are not what was expected but your handsome little boy is here to prove epectations some times don't get met and then odds are beat. I am not really worring about the numbers I more worry due to my history and the real red flag for me is the lenght of spotting I had always a bad sign for me. Today though no spotting. I will hopefully get to my doc next week if not I go back to the er next friday as to what the doc told me to do. I did apply today for my medical and as long as I get a quick approval I have a chance at getting to my doc next week.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlee1234 View Post
    wow really? RUDE!! Maybe bitter but all this is is an opinion. Sorry you've been STC but so have others, read and/or move on.
    Yes, it is my opinion, but what is rude is her nonchalant attitude towards her having more kids even though she can't afford them, because, well, I have to pay for them. And it's no big deal. I can assure you that to me, and a lot of others, it IS a big deal. What she does is up to her, and before I realized her attitude about it, I was very supportive of her, even knowing it was on my dime (and yes, I knew). She doesn't have to explain or justify anything. But now that I know she doesn't care? It just hurts, a lot. I still wish her the best... But she hurt me, I reacted. Maybe she's not "abusing" the system, but I would think those using it, even using it as it was meant to be used, would at least APPRECIATE the fact that the rest of us are paying for it. I've been on government aid, even the same health care, and I know I appreciated it. Even then, it was not "no big deal" to me. Maybe the majority of people receiving our tax money don't care or appreciate it, I just don't hear it from anyone else. And especially coming from someone I thought was a friend, it really sucked.

Once upon a time, people in this room had more caring attitudes. She used to be one of them- at least in all the many, many hours her and I talked. I do believe she still is, in most respects, just obviously not this one. And that's her right. Apparently my attitude isn't as caring in all respects as it used to be, either.

Tigger, back in those days, you and I could have opposing feelings and still remain friends. In fact, I still have some PMs titled "Please be honest, I won't be offended" that circled between our little group of NET friends- and I know we talked that way in the open public forums, too, they just don't exist any more. But as it seems those days have passed, I will move on.

I hope you have a healthy and happy nine months with this pregnancy. If I see you around and think I can give advice, I still will, but otherwise, I'll "move on". But, I can also tell you, without a doubt, that that nonchalant attitude hurts a LOT of people that just don't say anything. I won't ask you to change your attitude, but maybe, try to think about others before posting that it's no big deal where our money goes. Just a suggestion from a once-upon-a-time friend.
    Last edited by Krystal5; 01-17-2013 at 12:50 AM.

I think that Krystal5 has valid points in feeling the way she does. In my personal opinion, if you're TTC you should be ready - physically, emotionally, financially. This includes having an adequate means of providing for your current family and the future addition that you want to add - physically being prepared, so you're not rushing when your body isn't ready, emotionally so that you're not trying for any obscure reasons other than the want to add another member to your family, and financially by having enough money now and down the road to provide for all kids as they should be provided for, along with having insurance for your current and future child.

Krystal5 has been STC for a very long time, before Maiya and after Maiya. She has also suffered a loss. I understand why she feels the way she does, and a lot of the comments that have come back to her have been downright uncalled for.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

That being said I think this thread has done its duty and not much more can come of it without more drama. So let's calm down a bit on both sides

tiggerlb Guest

I am leaving APA. Please contact kellyowens for my e-mail address if you wish to keep in touch with me.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlb View Post
    I am leaving APA. Please contact kellyowens for my e-mail address if you wish to keep in touch with me.
    (((Hugs)))! !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    I think that Krystal5 has valid points in feeling the way she does. In my personal opinion, if you're TTC you should be ready - physically, emotionally, financially. This includes having an adequate means of providing for your current family and the future addition that you want to add - physically being prepared, so you're not rushing when your body isn't ready, emotionally so that you're not trying for any obscure reasons other than the want to add another member to your family, and financially by having enough money now and down the road to provide for all kids as they should be provided for, along with having insurance for your current and future child.

Krystal5 has been STC for a very long time, before Maiya and after Maiya. She has also suffered a loss. I understand why she feels the way she does, and a lot of the comments that have come back to her have been downright uncalled for.
    But for future reference I'd like to suggest that maybe comments that aren't supportive and not pertaining to the original topic could better be addressed in a pm rather than publicly? We're all here because we feel we need support...we're going to disagree on some things but we should aim to be kind and diplomatic in our disagreements . I don't want to infringe on anyone's freedom of speech...just feel that we should strive collectively and individually to keep the boards as safe of a place as possible. We're all sticking our necks out here when we post...it leaves us vulnerable and sensitive.

Hope this is okay to post ...I wish you all the very very best !

This is the downside of APA. Being supportive of a person regardless if something they are doing is wrong. All that does it make the person think it's okay when it is not. I have also received government assistance when I needed it and I was so grateful it was there for me. As soon as we got insurance with our last pregnancy I gave my midwife the information- 17 days before my baby was born. Though I had homebirths and $3500 is so much less than hospital births.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

Thank you for posting this. I have many friends and family who are getting pregnant, both planned and unplanned that have to be on government assistance and I know I keep my mouth shut because this is suppose to be a happy time for those people and when you have history of negative outcomes, the stress someone may unwilling put on another person may increase risks. Just because a person comes across so nonchalant, we do not know a lot that is going on in their lives and minds. I have to admit that this thread has made me leery about coming back to APA. This should have been handle privately and not on a public space. I do not believe you are fringing on anyone's freedom. This is suppose to be a safe place and I know that all this has made me feel unsafe here to open up. To me this is a lot like facebook and I tend to ignore or hide those people that I wish not to hear from and if they message me to find out then I send a private message to them. I do understand her feelings, my taxes pay for others as well, and I can sympathize with her for trying so long with no success, but everyone does have their own struggles and stories. Ok, rant over. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    But for future reference I'd like to suggest that maybe comments that aren't supportive and not pertaining to the original topic could better be addressed in a pm rather than publicly? We're all here because we feel we need support...we're going to disagree on some things but we should aim to be kind and diplomatic in our disagreements . I don't want to infringe on anyone's freedom of speech...just feel that we should strive collectively and individually to keep the boards as safe of a place as possible. We're all sticking our necks out here when we post...it leaves us vulnerable and sensitive.

Hope this is okay to post ...I wish you all the very very best !

I think it would be good for all of us to reviewAPA guidelines for board etiquette

http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...orum-Etiquette

Stepping out of this thread now since it is ot and the op no longer benefits from it.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I think it would be good for all of us to reviewAPA guidelines for board etiquette

http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...orum-Etiquette

Stepping out of this thread now since it is ot and the op no longer benefits from it.
    Thank you for posting this Kelly Putting on my mod hat to say that this thread should be left alone as the OP has moved on to a Due Date room Remember there is also the Former TTCers Updates sub-forum for any further updates that should be posted after getting a BFP

midgetlb6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    i think that krystal5 has valid points in feeling the way she does. In my personal opinion, if you're ttc you should be ready - physically, emotionally, financially. This includes having an adequate means of providing for your current family and the future addition that you want to add - physically being prepared, so you're not rushing when your body isn't ready, emotionally so that you're not trying for any obscure reasons other than the want to add another member to your family, and financially by having enough money now and down the road to provide for all kids as they should be provided for, along with having insurance for your current and future child.

Krystal5 has been stc for a very long time, before maiya and after maiya. She has also suffered a loss. I understand why she feels the way she does, and a lot of the comments that have come back to her have been downright uncalled for.
    ^^^^^ this

I just have to say I agree with Krystal5 on this. And Beanpop. If you don't have the cash to afford healthcare, quit poppin babies out and get a job!!!! There are people working 2 jobs to survive and don't get government assistance when they should yet people decide its okay to have babies when they can't even afford the health insurance.

Hi, ladies. Stepping in as a mod to let you all know that the OP requested her account be deleted and that request was honored.

This thread has run its course. As the OP is no longer an active member, discussion of her circumstances is no longer helpful to her, and off topic opinions also serve no purpose. The mods would like to request that we all keep it civil and refrain from further debate.

Thanks everyone,
    Gwenn/APA Mod
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12