Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you ladies for all the help

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Tigger, I'm so glad the option is out there for you! Insurance costs can be ridiculous and aren't as basic as some think! My brother and his wife make a lot of money together but they barely get by sometimes because their insurance is so expensive...it's absurd!

Your DH pays into the system through his taxes also. I sure hope you don't feel you have to justify your choices to *anyone* (((hugs)))!

I can't tell you enough how happy I am for you lots and lots of ***sticky vibes***!
    I don't feel I have to justify to anyone. I am able to provide the basics for my children. As far as food, Formula. Diapers, clothes, Roof over head, lights, heat, love, we also have a luxy item in the form of cable tv. To me these are the basic necessities of life. We just got cable in sept of this year after going 18 months of rabbit ears lol. There are soon years to come where I will not be using it at all and there my taxes that we Pay alone will end up replacing what we use now of the medicade. I just have a different opinion of it than others. I am not even on wic. I am just thankful for the support I have from you ladies. If we paid for the medical insureance through my dh's job then we would need to get food stamp assistance. Now in time my dh will get health inssurance that the company pays the preiums 100% but that only comes when he has 8-10 years in with the company and a certain posistion. since he just got the job in sept we are no way near being able to do it. So I am just doing what is available to me for the time being. And when I think about it I am just using what my mom paid in before she passed away. And all the years my mom needed help medically and was denied for anything because she was on a disabilitly (SSD) and counld not afford to pay almost half her check to get medical assistance and not beable to live in a home if she done that. So for now it is what it is for us.

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tanyachap View Post
    Is bleeding/spotting typical for your PGs? If so, how does that compare to the spotting in the past?
    Very different from my pg's in pg it is only a spot here n there once in awhile. But I have no idea what to think because it is still with in the normal time frame of af only differnence is I bleed for 2 day and now going on 3 days of spotting which would make a normal lenght for af. Normal af is bleeding between light n medium flow for 4 days and the 5 th day is spotting.

Who knows then. Just keep an eye on it and don't take chances. Don't lose sleep over it. Ectopic PGs are not common but the chances increase with age, after abdominal surgeries, D&C. Not sure if those apply to you but I had one CS and was 39 at the time of the ectopic. If caught early, ectopic PG can be treated with meds and the tube can be saved. If caught late, the tube has to be removed reducing your chances of getting PG in the future. Or worse, the tube can rupture.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Hope all is well, just read through the thread... sending you sticky baby vibes!

Kelli = 37 DH = 38 (same bday) DSD=15 and DSS=8 and DS=4 born at 32 weeks 3 days on 10/8/08.

tiggerlb Guest

Who knows then. Just keep an eye on it and don't take chances. Don't lose sleep over it. Ectopic PGs are not common but the chances increase with age, after abdominal surgeries, D&C. Not sure if those apply to you but I had one CS and was 39 at the time of the ectopic. If caught early, ectopic PG can be treated with meds and the tube can be saved. If caught late, the tube has to be removed reducing your chances of getting PG in the future. Or worse, the tube can rupture.
    well dnc does (Have had 2) apply and so does a cs(15 yrs old) and I am almost 36 in about 3 weeks. So who knows as of now I will just watch myself and if I get pain at all in my sides or shoulder then I will go for the safty factor so meds could be givin in time.

Congrats Tigger!!!!

Me, Danielle -28 DH, Andy-29 DD, Payton-5
    12/07 mommy! Formally firsttimer828 -STC#2 since 07/2010-BFP-2/4/13
    ITS A GIRL!!!!

I hope this isn't completely true. I asked my OB point blank if having a D&C would increase my risk of ectopic pregnancies and she said no. If she was misinformed or flat out lied, I hope I haven't shot myself in the foot. My body held onto the pregnancy for weeks after the baby stopped growing with no sign that the miscarriage was about to happen on its own, so we opted for the D&C.
    Last edited by GatorGRITS; 01-14-2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

tiggerlb Guest

Thanks ladies. But I think it's already over. I started bleeding again and my test are so faint I would call them a -. I am just glad it did end and not tubal. I is what I expected any way due to the bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlb View Post
    I don't feel I have to justify to anyone. I am able to provide the basics for my children. As far as food, Formula. Diapers, clothes, Roof over head, lights, heat, love, we also have a luxy item in the form of cable tv. To me these are the basic necessities of life. We just got cable in sept of this year after going 18 months of rabbit ears lol. There are soon years to come where I will not be using it at all and there my taxes that we Pay alone will end up replacing what we use now of the medicade. I just have a different opinion of it than others. I am not even on wic. I am just thankful for the support I have from you ladies. If we paid for the medical insureance through my dh's job then we would need to get food stamp assistance. Now in time my dh will get health inssurance that the company pays the preiums 100% but that only comes when he has 8-10 years in with the company and a certain posistion. since he just got the job in sept we are no way near being able to do it. So I am just doing what is available to me for the time being. And when I think about it I am just using what my mom paid in before she passed away. And all the years my mom needed help medically and was denied for anything because she was on a disabilitly (SSD) and counld not afford to pay almost half her check to get medical assistance and not beable to live in a home if she done that. So for now it is what it is for us.
    It's good to hear you are secure with where you're at...you've worked hard and sacrificed...I sure wish you all the best! You've overcome so much adversity...your strength amazes me!

Eta- we posted at the same time... ...I'm so sorry...very very sad for you !!! (((Hugs)))!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-14-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Wait... Really?

Sue... You know I consider you a friend. And maybe I'm just extra sensitive because I'm so bitter about STC for longer than you've been trying and having 1 kid, while you have 3 and probably another on the way...

But really?? It's no big deal?? You can't afford something as basic as health insurance and you've been TRYING to have more kids, as close together as possible?? Do you realize that's MY tax money you're using to support the kids you should have waited to have??

If you can't afford the basics, you shouldn't be having more kids. Accidents are one thing, but we all know you've been purposefully trying to have them as close as possible. And now you're doing it again? On purpose? So my tax dollars can pay for any health issues that stem from putting your body through something its not ready for??

Accidentally having a kid I will pay for is one thing. Purposefully having a kid I will pay for is one thing. But purposefully having a kid that I will pay for AND having the attitude that it's no big deal???

I'm sorry, but that really hurts, a lot. I'm struggling to get pregnant on my own dime, and that is a LOT of dimes, let me add... And just to know that a friend thinks it's "no big deal" that I'm also paying for her to have so many kids as close together as possible... Well, that just sucks. Big time.
    WOW!!
    I'm thinking if you truly considered her a friend, you wouldn't have bashed her like this in a public forum. No wonder I barely come here anymore...
    Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)

Thanks ladies. But I think it's already over. I started bleeding again and my test are so faint I would call them a -. I am just glad it did end and not tubal. I is what I expected any way due to the bleeding.
    I'm so sorry.

I am so sorry for your loss tigger

Oh no. So sorry for your loss tigger

ITS A GIRL!!!!

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    I'm so sorry.
    Thanks hugs help get through this wired time I call it weird because of how it all happened.

It's good to hear you are secure with where you're at...you've worked hard and sacrificed...I sure wish you all the best! You've overcome so much adversity...your strength amazes me!

Eta- we posted at the same time... ...I'm so sorry...very very sad for you !!! (((Hugs)))!
    I know who I am and how to survive been doing it most of my life lol. What sickens me more than anything is the ones who abuse the assistance. I know of a lady who gets 225 a month in food stamps and she sells them all for 20 so she can go by drugs (crack) while her elderly mom starves. And I know of another person who gets disability Medicaid just so they can go to different docs and get scripts for pain killers just so they can take a few and sell the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    I hope this isn't completely true. I asked my OB point blank if having a D&C would increase my risk of ectopic pregnancies and she said no. If she was misinformed or flat out lied, I hope I haven't shot myself in the foot. My body held onto the pregnancy for weeks after the baby stopped growing with no sign that the miscarriage was about to happen on its own, so we opted for the D&C.
    That is why I had my dnc,s also my pg in oct was gone so long and I had so much deterition my doc sent me stat for the dnc because of the risk of infection. I think my dnc was a week after yours. I really hope it is not the case and dnc,s may cause tubal by increasing the chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by ootus973 View Post
    WOW!!
    I'm thinking if you truly considered her a friend, you wouldn't have bashed her like this in a public forum. No wonder I barely come here anymore...
    This is exactly a example on y I have been thinking of leaving apa permentally for awhile now. Not just me but other comments made on different posts by other posters. I see it as to each their own. And every one is entitled to their opinon so I have learned to realize it is an opinion and let it go.

tiggerlb Guest

just an update. I have no idea now what is going on. Now the lines are there and easy to see so my pee earlier must have been diluted to not show nothing. I am just going to hang in pg limbo for now. Still spotting again bleeding quit.

At this point I would suggest you go to a clinic or ER and have a blood draw and possibly u/s.

i would go to a doctor

I am so sorry for all your confusion and I am so sorry that everything that has been going on is encouraging you to leave but I understand. I have even taken a hiatus from APA now and then just to get some breathing room. I would definitely go to the ER. I had spotting after sex and every time I called the doc they said not to worry, it's normal. Even a week later. At the doc appt about a week and a half after the spotting started is when I found out I was having a MC. I think the doc suspected something from lab results or something cause even getting meds was like pulling teeth from a mad grizzly bear. I so hope that everything is ok and that your body just has a lot of blood sitting around from that little one implanting nice and deep in you so that she/he sticks around for the long haul. Please keep us informed of the outcomes. You are in my prayers sweet Tigger!!!

just an update. I have no idea now what is going on. Now the lines are there and easy to see so my pee earlier must have been diluted to not show nothing. I am just going to hang in pg limbo for now. Still spotting again bleeding quit.
    Oh sheesh!! What a roller coaster ...really praying you know for sure soon (((hugs)))...limbo is so frustrating! Are you able to get the confirmation of pg yet? Early bleeding/spotting for me usually means low progesterone.

I understand the waiting it out though. I don't usually go in for betas or early u/s anymore. Hang in there momma!

I'm sure hoping this pg continues...FX!! Thinking of you!

Wow this one is really a roller coaster. How are your symptoms?
    I hope it is just getting nice and comfy!
    Thoughts and prayers for you!

ITS A GIRL!!!!

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AJHMommy View Post
    At this point I would suggest you go to a clinic or ER and have a blood draw and possibly u/s.
    Would they even be able to tell by an us this early? I just don't want to go to the er unless I have to because it is just so much more in procedure for early u/s and they don't let you see the us screen. And for me I need to see to actually beleive.

Would they even be able to tell by an us this early? I just don't want to go to the er unless I have to because it is just so much more in procedure for early u/s and they don't let you see the us screen. And for me I need to see to actually beleive.
    Generally, unless your hcg levels are over 1500 (around 51/2-6wks pg) the u/s won't show anything let alone determine if baby is viable. I would probably call my midwife/ob to let them know what's going on. Odds are they'll want to do a quant which would be entirely up to you. Are you able to get to the health dept soon to get a pg test and start your insurance?

tiggerlb Guest

Generally, unless your hcg levels are over 1500 (around 51/2-6wks pg) the u/s won't show anything let alone determine if baby is viable. I would probably call my midwife/ob to let them know what's going on. Odds are they'll want to do a quant which would be entirely up to you. Are you able to get to the health dept soon to get a pg test and start your insurance?
    Even if I do get the confirming pg test I will be stuck waiting 7 to 10 days to get approved (normally it is approved with in a few days from me appliying) but do I really want to take the chance is my question. I am scared to death at this point. All I want to know at this pont is if it is in my tube or not viability is least of my concern right now since I have had the bleeding and spotting now and still spotting I am meeting the signs of eptopic. And also the epitopic chart I researched on ff. Alot of spotting involved and on a few charts there was actually bleeding followed by a buch of spotting days.
    Last edited by tiggerlb; 01-15-2013 at 03:29 PM.

I am so sorry his has been so stressful for you.

Maybe go and get the test, letting them know that you got a +hpt. That way if these problems keep up, you will be able to see someone and have coverage sooner.

And if the test is negative (which I hope it isn't) you will at least have an answer.

GL, I hope everything works out

But if you are having any pain it is probably best to go to the dr now.

Even if I do get the confirming pg test I will be stuck waiting 7 to 10 days to get approved (normally it is approved with in a few days from me appliying) but do I really want to take the chance is my question. I am scared to death at this point.
    (((Hugs))) !

At this point I'm not sure how much it would benefit you to have quants or an u/s done...especially in er where they'll charge you a fortune and probably not have any definite answers for you ...it stinks, it really does but i think waiting it out is your best option unless you develop severe pain or very heavy bleeding.

I think 7-10 days will put you at a good place for the testing if things are still up in the air. I say go for the confirm pg test asap and get the ball rolling.

Not everyone would agree but I personally, would start otc progesterone cream...just a suggestion...totally up to you. Figured I'd throw it out there :-) .

FX...really really praying...stick baby stick!!!

If your still getting pregnant on a digi I would go to ER. But I'm not the wait and see kind especially if it could be ectopic...that's dangerous.

tiggerlb Guest

Just an update- I am still getting dark lines on a ic and answer brand. I did just get back from the er. They first did a urine pg test at the er that came back negative. So I ask her for a beta just because I don't trust the result of the urine test based on what I am getting at home. So she said sure that she did not have a problem of doing a beta. So when she comes back she says "I am glad I listened to you on being pg because I have never seen a urine test be neg and a blood test come back positive" My beta came back at 51.6. So I am pg but to where the pg is at or if it is going to be viable or not is still up in the air. I am to go back next week to the er if the spotting is still there or pain if I cannot get into my doc next week. I just think 51.6 is to low for a viable pg @ 15 DPO. It could be okay since I just got a + test 4 days ago to. So for now I just sit and wait till next week. She said it is very common to have what I had with the af and spotting early on in pg so it could be either or.

So glad your betas came back good...I think 50's are fine for 4ish wks!! LOL and I'm glad you didn't listen to me !!

FX for a sticky bean !

tiggerlb Guest

So glad your betas came back good...I think 50's are fine for 4ish wks!! LOL and I'm glad you didn't listen to me !!

FX for a sticky bean !
    lol. On the + side I may not have an answer to eptipoic or not but I do have my pg confirmation I need to get my medicaid started. Which I will apply for later and fax it in.