Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you ladies for all the help

Hybrid View

tiggerlb Guest

Default Thank you ladies for all the help

With out you ladies I would not have gotten through this confusing time. My dh does not beleive it at all because of getting af but he is in bed and has not seen the digi result yet. So thank you all for being so supportive for me. As you all know I posted about some weird happinings with getting af and a bfp Well I finally have a definitive answer. I took a Digi I took one earlier today and it said not pg so I took another one just a few minutes ago since my ics appeared to have gotten darker and I got this on the digi tonight
    Attachment 9668

if my hcg was not rising it would not have read pregnant it would have stayed reading not pg right. I am very worried though based on what a poster said about a possible eptopic. What are the signs of it other than pain?
    Last edited by tiggerlb; 01-13-2013 at 01:51 AM.

I would not stress. It is not uncommon to bleed lightly when AF would have been due. Some women bleed lightly for months. Stress is not going to do you any good.
    Since you are pregnant, you should be able to get state heath insurance. Do this immediately.
    My advice would be to get blood work and possibly an ultrasound around 6 weeks. If you start experiencing pain or dizziness, go to the ER. If the bleeding starts again and concerns you, go to the ER.
    Congrats!

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AJHMommy View Post
    I would not stress. It is not uncommon to bleed lightly when AF would have been due. Some women bleed lightly for months. Stress is not going to do you any good.
    Since you are pregnant, you should be able to get state heath insurance. Do this immediately.
    My advice would be to get blood work and possibly an ultrasound around 6 weeks. If you start experiencing pain or dizziness, go to the ER. If the bleeding starts again and concerns you, go to the ER.
    Congrats!
    I plan on going this week to get the proof of pregnancy done so I can apply. If I get any pain at all I am going to the er. I will probally go even if I get the uneasy feeling about it. Thanks though.

I am so happy for you! Now stick, baby, stick!!!!!

Congrats on your BFP! My friend's sister recently suffered an eptopic pregnancy. Her only symptom was extreme abdominal pain...no bleeding. I'm praying this is a healthy pregnancy for you and wishing you a H&H 9!!

Yay Congrats!!!

Congrats!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about ectopic though I worried about it when I was first pregnant. I agree to just go in to settle your mind if you feel anything and are really worried. My doc told me that hcg levels rising usually doesn't indicate ectopic unless they're rising crazy fast and are crazy high. I know a few people who have had them who's numbers were like 10,000 or higher by the time they got their first positive before a missed AF. I think it can happen in different ways, but I don't think bleeding is a common sign. It sounds to me like you might have just had some slightly heavier implantation bleeding considering your tests weren't really positive until after the bleeding started. Congratulations and good luck!
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

9. Default

Congrats!!
    Sarah (31) & DH Matt (35)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! SO happy to see that on a digi! Your levels must definitely be rising :-)

I don't have personal experience with an ectopic but found this info...

http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/ectopic-pregnancy-symptoms

Although, reading through the symptoms I've had a number of them without ever having an ectopic. It looks like there aren't many indications early on...hopefully you'll be able to get an u/s to determine location. (((Hugs)))!!!

tiggerlb Guest

Thanks ladies for the info on eptopic pg. I think I might be clear since the bleeding was not at all heavy and not even a normal flow for af (it was for a day and a half) but then went to spotting. So extremly short af for me I normally have light bleeding day 1 and medium bleeding on day 2 followed by 2 more days light with the 5th of spotting. Day 1 stated out a heavy spotting then moved to a light bleed day 2 and spotting day 3 and today day 4 spotting. As far as pain goes none really. I can't tell if it is my sides hurting due to the pg or from the direrra(TMI) I have due to the cold/flu I am battling.
    By reading the web md that was posted for me for info it seems to early for any pain caused from an eptopic and that shows up when the pg gets to the 6-8 week mark. If I am mis understanding this some one let me know.

Leah26- You say an eptopic has fast rising hcg (which is abnormal) right? So it is not a sign for an eptopic with faint tests and af and what is appearing to be a normal darkening of tests for me at only being 13-14 dpo. So this being an eptopic is less likly for me right. I am only concered because I had af and got a bfp.

I'm definitely no expert on ectopics or anything but that's what I heard before. I had a huge cyst when I was pregnant so I had a lot of pain on one side and it scared me to death so I called my doc about it. They said levels rising around what you would expect is normal. I think you can have bleeding with ectopic, but not in the way you described. I think if you bleed with ectopic it's when it bursts or is about to. I think you'd be further into it all for that to happen. I always heard levels rise crazy fast with ectopic. I knew a girl who had one before and days before AF was due she took a test and the line was darker than the control already. I'm not sure if it happens that way every time or not, but I wouldn't think it'd be all that likely to be the case with you. Sounds more to me like you just had more implantation bleeding which I think can just happen and doesn't mean anything in particular. Again, I'm no expert on the subject, but just from what I've heard that's my opinion. I hope that bleeding or not everything is healthy and perfect and that we get to see a pic of your precious baby on here soon!
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

tiggerlb Guest

Thanks leigh26 I am not to worried as of this did happen before to me back on jan feb cycle in 2011. Which did end in mc but it was in my uterus.pi

Congrats on the bfp. I was the party pooper who mentioned ectopic because I had it back in October 2012. My first PGs were normal. The main sign for ectopic is bleeding with a BFP as well as pain in one side or shoulder. That's what I read and what my doc said. The hcg numbers are rising slowly with ectopic but I you may not have pain.

You can bleed with healthy PGs too. I bled with my healthy ones, ironically. For me, the difference was that with my healthy PGs the bleeding was start and stop. With the ectopic, the bleeding was like a period. I did not have pain although it was caught at 6w6d but I had weird numbness in my toes. My Ob did not suspect ectopic based on blood draw. I was the one who felt that the PG was off and had bad feeling about it. I called and insisted on an early US, the nurse acted like I was nuts, but the doc gave me one, which ended in everyone being shocked that the PG progressed so far without rupturing as the baby even had a HB and tube was about go kaboom.

I pray that you have a healthy bean. I did not want to get you panicked but wanted to put it on your radar since you mentioned that you have insurance issues and that would make people avoid docs even if there are signs of problems. FX that you have a healthy bean!!!!
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tanyachap View Post
    Congrats on the bfp. I was the party pooper who mentioned ectopic because I had it back in October 2012. My first PGs were normal. The main sign for ectopic is bleeding with a BFP as well as pain in one side or shoulder. That's what I read and what my doc said. The hcg numbers are rising slowly with ectopic but I you may not have pain.

You can bleed with healthy PGs too. I bled with my healthy ones, ironically. For me, the difference was that with my healthy PGs the bleeding was start and stop. With the ectopic, the bleeding was like a period. I did not have pain although it was caught at 6w6d but I had weird numbness in my toes. My Ob did not suspect ectopic based on blood draw. I was the one who felt that the PG was off and had bad feeling about it. I called and insisted on an early US, the nurse acted like I was nuts, but the doc gave me one, which ended in everyone being shocked that the PG progressed so far without rupturing as the baby even had a HB and tube was about go kaboom.

I pray that you have a healthy bean. I did not want to get you panicked but wanted to put it on your radar since you mentioned that you have insurance issues and that would make people avoid docs even if there are signs of problems. FX that you have a healthy bean!!!!
    You were not a party popper at all. In fact I am glad you put it on my radar to be aware of. When is the soonest it could be caught by us? I really don't want to wait to long and it be a tubal and I wait to long and my tube ruptures. I did only bleed 2 days and the spotting has been off for 2 days now. If I feel any pain at all I will not heasitate to go to the er just because of no insurance. Once I get the pg confirmed at the free clinic I can get on medicade and it would cover back to any dr visits or er trips for january. I plan on going for confirmation by wednesday (just waiting due to rainey weather and want to get over my cold a little better. What is the percentage rate for tubal pg's?

My RE did an u/s around 5 weeks 2 days to confirm where the baby was with DS. We were flying to FL for a vacation and she refused to let me fly until they confirmed it wasn't an ectopic. So, you should be able to get one soon I would think.
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    My RE did an u/s around 5 weeks 2 days to confirm where the baby was with DS. We were flying to FL for a vacation and she refused to let me fly until they confirmed it wasn't an ectopic. So, you should be able to get one soon I would think.
    This is good to know. Once I apply for my medicade I will make an appt for the following week (i should be approved by then) and ask her for a u/s. I should be around that time in the pg. And just tell her I would just like to be sure of placement since the weird way I got the bfp. Thanks for the info.

Congratulations Tigger!
    Jennifer

Oh wow, you don't have health insurance?? That's not good at all. I would figure that out as soon as possible. I didn't have health insurance when I got pregnant with DD but she was an accident. Good luck with everything!
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    Oh wow, you don't have health insurance?? That's not good at all. I would figure that out as soon as possible. I didn't have health insurance when I got pregnant with DD but she was an accident. Good luck with everything!
    It is no big deal at all. I just have to get the pg confirmed and then I can get the medicade (state insurance) All my kiddos are on it already. Just a woman is only covered on it if they are pg. There is no way we can afford to buy a health insurance policy it is way to expensive for the amount we would use it. Dh and I do not go to docs unless really ill or injured. The kids only go if they are ill (beyond a typical cold) to the docs. I do the vaccs at the health dept. We just cannot afford 263.00 a week in health insurance through dh's job.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlb View Post
    It is no big deal at all. I just have to get the pg confirmed and then I can get the medicade (state insurance) All my kiddos are on it already. Just a woman is only covered on it if they are pg. There is no way we can afford to buy a health insurance policy it is way to expensive for the amount we would use it. Dh and I do not go to docs unless really ill or injured. The kids only go if they are ill (beyond a typical cold) to the docs. I do the vaccs at the health dept. We just cannot afford 263.00 a week in health insurance through dh's job.
    Wait... Really?

Sue... You know I consider you a friend. And maybe I'm just extra sensitive because I'm so bitter about STC for longer than you've been trying and having 1 kid, while you have 3 and probably another on the way...

But really?? It's no big deal?? You can't afford something as basic as health insurance and you've been TRYING to have more kids, as close together as possible?? Do you realize that's MY tax money you're using to support the kids you should have waited to have??

If you can't afford the basics, you shouldn't be having more kids. Accidents are one thing, but we all know you've been purposefully trying to have them as close as possible. And now you're doing it again? On purpose? So my tax dollars can pay for any health issues that stem from putting your body through something its not ready for??

Accidentally having a kid I will pay for is one thing. Purposefully having a kid I will pay for is one thing. But purposefully having a kid that I will pay for AND having the attitude that it's no big deal???

I'm sorry, but that really hurts, a lot. I'm struggling to get pregnant on my own dime, and that is a LOT of dimes, let me add... And just to know that a friend thinks it's "no big deal" that I'm also paying for her to have so many kids as close together as possible... Well, that just sucks. Big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Wait... Really?

Sue... You know I consider you a friend. And maybe I'm just extra sensitive because I'm so bitter about STC for longer than you've been trying and having 1 kid, while you have 3 and probably another on the way...

But really?? It's no big deal?? You can't afford something as basic as health insurance and you've been TRYING to have more kids, as close together as possible?? Do you realize that's MY tax money you're using to support the kids you should have waited to have??

If you can't afford the basics, you shouldn't be having more kids. Accidents are one thing, but we all know you've been purposefully trying to have them as close as possible. And now you're doing it again? On purpose? So my tax dollars can pay for any health issues that stem from putting your body through something its not ready for??

Accidentally having a kid I will pay for is one thing. Purposefully having a kid I will pay for is one thing. But purposefully having a kid that I will pay for AND having the attitude that it's no big deal???

I'm sorry, but that really hurts, a lot. I'm struggling to get pregnant on my own dime, and that is a LOT of dimes, let me add... And just to know that a friend thinks it's "no big deal" that I'm also paying for her to have so many kids as close together as possible... Well, that just sucks. Big time.
    WOW!!
    I'm thinking if you truly considered her a friend, you wouldn't have bashed her like this in a public forum. No wonder I barely come here anymore...
    Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    I'm so sorry.
    Thanks hugs help get through this wired time I call it weird because of how it all happened.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post

It's good to hear you are secure with where you're at...you've worked hard and sacrificed...I sure wish you all the best! You've overcome so much adversity...your strength amazes me!

Eta- we posted at the same time... ...I'm so sorry...very very sad for you !!! (((Hugs)))!
    I know who I am and how to survive been doing it most of my life lol. What sickens me more than anything is the ones who abuse the assistance. I know of a lady who gets 225 a month in food stamps and she sells them all for 20 so she can go by drugs (crack) while her elderly mom starves. And I know of another person who gets disability Medicaid just so they can go to different docs and get scripts for pain killers just so they can take a few and sell the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    I hope this isn't completely true. I asked my OB point blank if having a D&C would increase my risk of ectopic pregnancies and she said no. If she was misinformed or flat out lied, I hope I haven't shot myself in the foot. My body held onto the pregnancy for weeks after the baby stopped growing with no sign that the miscarriage was about to happen on its own, so we opted for the D&C.
    That is why I had my dnc,s also my pg in oct was gone so long and I had so much deterition my doc sent me stat for the dnc because of the risk of infection. I think my dnc was a week after yours. I really hope it is not the case and dnc,s may cause tubal by increasing the chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by ootus973 View Post
    WOW!!
    I'm thinking if you truly considered her a friend, you wouldn't have bashed her like this in a public forum. No wonder I barely come here anymore...
    This is exactly a example on y I have been thinking of leaving apa permentally for awhile now. Not just me but other comments made on different posts by other posters. I see it as to each their own. And every one is entitled to their opinon so I have learned to realize it is an opinion and let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Wait... Really?

wow really? RUDE!! Maybe bitter but all this is is an opinion. Sorry you've been STC but so have others, read and/or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlee1234 View Post
    wow really? RUDE!! Maybe bitter but all this is is an opinion. Sorry you've been STC but so have others, read and/or move on.
    Yes, it is my opinion, but what is rude is her nonchalant attitude towards her having more kids even though she can't afford them, because, well, I have to pay for them. And it's no big deal. I can assure you that to me, and a lot of others, it IS a big deal. What she does is up to her, and before I realized her attitude about it, I was very supportive of her, even knowing it was on my dime (and yes, I knew). She doesn't have to explain or justify anything. But now that I know she doesn't care? It just hurts, a lot. I still wish her the best... But she hurt me, I reacted. Maybe she's not "abusing" the system, but I would think those using it, even using it as it was meant to be used, would at least APPRECIATE the fact that the rest of us are paying for it. I've been on government aid, even the same health care, and I know I appreciated it. Even then, it was not "no big deal" to me. Maybe the majority of people receiving our tax money don't care or appreciate it, I just don't hear it from anyone else. And especially coming from someone I thought was a friend, it really sucked.

Once upon a time, people in this room had more caring attitudes. She used to be one of them- at least in all the many, many hours her and I talked. I do believe she still is, in most respects, just obviously not this one. And that's her right. Apparently my attitude isn't as caring in all respects as it used to be, either.

Tigger, back in those days, you and I could have opposing feelings and still remain friends. In fact, I still have some PMs titled "Please be honest, I won't be offended" that circled between our little group of NET friends- and I know we talked that way in the open public forums, too, they just don't exist any more. But as it seems those days have passed, I will move on.

I hope you have a healthy and happy nine months with this pregnancy. If I see you around and think I can give advice, I still will, but otherwise, I'll "move on". But, I can also tell you, without a doubt, that that nonchalant attitude hurts a LOT of people that just don't say anything. I won't ask you to change your attitude, but maybe, try to think about others before posting that it's no big deal where our money goes. Just a suggestion from a once-upon-a-time friend.
    Last edited by Krystal5; 01-17-2013 at 12:50 AM.

tiggerlb Guest

I do not get food stamps at all only medical help. I am not one who abuses the medical either. My taxes are paid also. There has been many years to where I have not used food stamps or cash assistance. I only use the medicade maybe 1 x a year for my kids And my first born I paid all cash out for pg n delivery (in payments of course) I did not apply at all with her. I am going to have my kids close together because that is how Dh and I want it for us.For us it is easier that way. I am getting older and won't beable to have kids very soon. All of my kids have come with losses in between so it has not been as easy as you think it has been for me. To me it is not a big deal because there is an option out there for me to beable to go to the doc for pg. We cant afford almost 1000.00 a month for insurance we would only spend maybe 1000.00 for the year in docs if we paid cash. There is no way I am paying 12000 a yr for medical insurace when we would not be using it to get the money out of it. I would rather just set 1000 back and pay cash if I take 1 of the kids to the doc and that would last for a whole year for me. If there was nothing available to me or my kids for docs this is what I would do. But since there is something out their for lower income families provided by the state I apply for it.

I do not get food stamps at all only medical help. I am not one who abuses the medical either. My taxes are paid also. There has been many years to where I have not used food stamps or cash assistance. I only use the medicade maybe 1 x a year for my kids And my first born I paid all cash out for pg n delivery (in payments of course) I did not apply at all with her. I am going to have my kids close together because that is how Dh and I want it for us.For us it is easier that way. I am getting older and won't beable to have kids very soon. All of my kids have come with losses in between so it has not been as easy as you think it has been for me. To me it is not a big deal because there is an option out there for me to beable to go to the doc for pg. We cant afford almost 1000.00 a month for insurance we would only spend maybe 1000.00 for the year in docs if we paid cash. There is no way I am paying 12000 a yr for medical insurace when we would not be using it to get the money out of it. I would rather just set 1000 back and pay cash if I take 1 of the kids to the doc and that would last for a whole year for me. If there was nothing available to me or my kids for docs this is what I would do. But since there is something out their for lower income families provided by the state I apply for it.
    Tigger, I'm so glad the option is out there for you! Insurance costs can be ridiculous and aren't as basic as some think! My brother and his wife make a lot of money together but they barely get by sometimes because their insurance is so expensive...it's absurd!

Your DH pays into the system through his taxes also. I sure hope you don't feel you have to justify your choices to *anyone* (((hugs)))!

I can't tell you enough how happy I am for you lots and lots of ***sticky vibes***!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Tigger, I'm so glad the option is out there for you! Insurance costs can be ridiculous and aren't as basic as some think! My brother and his wife make a lot of money together but they barely get by sometimes because their insurance is so expensive...it's absurd!

Your DH pays into the system through his taxes also. I sure hope you don't feel you have to justify your choices to *anyone* (((hugs)))!

I can't tell you enough how happy I am for you lots and lots of ***sticky vibes***!
    I don't feel I have to justify to anyone. I am able to provide the basics for my children. As far as food, Formula. Diapers, clothes, Roof over head, lights, heat, love, we also have a luxy item in the form of cable tv. To me these are the basic necessities of life. We just got cable in sept of this year after going 18 months of rabbit ears lol. There are soon years to come where I will not be using it at all and there my taxes that we Pay alone will end up replacing what we use now of the medicade. I just have a different opinion of it than others. I am not even on wic. I am just thankful for the support I have from you ladies. If we paid for the medical insureance through my dh's job then we would need to get food stamp assistance. Now in time my dh will get health inssurance that the company pays the preiums 100% but that only comes when he has 8-10 years in with the company and a certain posistion. since he just got the job in sept we are no way near being able to do it. So I am just doing what is available to me for the time being. And when I think about it I am just using what my mom paid in before she passed away. And all the years my mom needed help medically and was denied for anything because she was on a disabilitly (SSD) and counld not afford to pay almost half her check to get medical assistance and not beable to live in a home if she done that. So for now it is what it is for us.

I don't feel I have to justify to anyone. I am able to provide the basics for my children. As far as food, Formula. Diapers, clothes, Roof over head, lights, heat, love, we also have a luxy item in the form of cable tv. To me these are the basic necessities of life. We just got cable in sept of this year after going 18 months of rabbit ears lol. There are soon years to come where I will not be using it at all and there my taxes that we Pay alone will end up replacing what we use now of the medicade. I just have a different opinion of it than others. I am not even on wic. I am just thankful for the support I have from you ladies. If we paid for the medical insureance through my dh's job then we would need to get food stamp assistance. Now in time my dh will get health inssurance that the company pays the preiums 100% but that only comes when he has 8-10 years in with the company and a certain posistion. since he just got the job in sept we are no way near being able to do it. So I am just doing what is available to me for the time being. And when I think about it I am just using what my mom paid in before she passed away. And all the years my mom needed help medically and was denied for anything because she was on a disabilitly (SSD) and counld not afford to pay almost half her check to get medical assistance and not beable to live in a home if she done that. So for now it is what it is for us.
    It's good to hear you are secure with where you're at...you've worked hard and sacrificed...I sure wish you all the best! You've overcome so much adversity...your strength amazes me!

Eta- we posted at the same time... ...I'm so sorry...very very sad for you !!! (((Hugs)))!
    Last edited by kellyowens; 01-14-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Keep us posted! Your in my thoughts!!!!