Thread: I'm pretty convinced I may be pregnant. What are your thoughts?

KRose Guest

Default I'm pretty convinced I may be pregnant. What are your thoughts?

Hey everyone-

So here's what's going on: My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on Dec. 29th and 30th and I started my period on January 2nd, right on schedule. My period usually goes for two days, skip a day, and light on the last (fourth) day. I know that this puts me outside of the typical range for being at my most fertile, but within the past 4 days or so I have been really emotional, super tired (I mean, my body has become a huge fan of nap time) had some light cramping, lower back ache, I have been nauseated on and off (today mostly on), and today I have developed heartburn which is WAY out of the norm for me. While I haven't noticed soreness in my breasts, I have noticed that they seem to be a little bit fuller.

I took a HPT yesterday and got a negative result (which I half expected with the time frame being on the early side).

What do you think? When should I take another test?

Thank you!

this is what im going thru also .. !!! & i would like to know why lol !!!! thanks..

If your period was due Jan 2nd and the only time you had unprotected sex was 3 or 4 days before, then there is virtually no chance you are pregnant. Ovulation would have been way before that (usually about 2 weeks before your period is due), and the egg only survives about a day. You also said your period was normal, which is highly unusual if you're pregnant. It does happen, but it's rare.
    Also, some of your symptoms can actually be ovulation-based...and our bodies have great skill in convincing is we're pregnant when we're not. Stressing about being pregnant or not can make it worse. If you're still unsure, see a Dr or clinic for a blood test.
    Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)

It sounds highly unlikely to me that you are pregnant. Sounds like you might just be coming down with something. You are not fertile just before AF. You are fertile 10-14 days before AF is due to arrive.