Thread: OTC for pink eye?

Default OTC for pink eye?

I don't know if I have it for sure or not- I just started with the really itchy eye. Anything otc I could use if that is what this is? I'm also pregnant- 34 weeks. My baby shower is tomorrow and I cannot have pink.eye!

I don't suppose you have breastmilk?

Leaking clearish at this point...would that still work? I can't wait until I have milk again for things like this! Totally forgot!

I know. i want to lactate forever!
    It's worth a shot. Otherwise turmeric is another natural remedy.

Thank u! It's less itchy now which makes me think it is just irritated but Im still trying just to be sure!

Lemon juice is a natural remedy for conjunctivitis. It'll sting, but it'll clear it up. Hope your eye feels better soon!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    Lemon juice is a natural remedy for conjunctivitis. It'll sting, but it'll clear it up. Hope your eye feels better soon!
    Idk about the lemon juice, I've never heard of that and the acid may be dangerous. I would suggest a hot compress. Otc Artificial tears may help with irritation but conjunctivitis is highly contagious so i would see your eye doc on Monday if you're still bothered with it.

Boric acid wash...1/4tsp of boric acid powder per pint of water. I've used it successfully for myself, my kids, lol, and our pets :-) Most pharmacies carry boric acid powder.

The milk you're leaking should work fine too!

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    This as well as saline or salt and water, that combined with bm cleared my daughters up in 2 days! She never cried about the saline only cried because we were holding her down to get it in her eye!

Per the eye doctor I work with, do NOT use lemon juice or any type of acid. This will most likely cause another infection. Artificial Tears is really the best OTC treatment aside from seeing the doctor. There are different types of conjuncitvitis, if it's bacterial - only an antibiotic will treat this.
    DD 05/14/2013

I would suggest an allergy eye drop that is OTC...

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

There are now OTC drops for pink eye - they are right with all of the other eye drops.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)