View Poll Results: How do you vax your LOs?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Per schedule

42 47.73%
  • We give one or few per visit but we do all recommended vaxes

13 14.77%
  • Only some vaxes at our own pace

19 21.59%
  • No vaxes (even if you started with vaxes but decided against any at some point)

6 6.82%
  • Other - there is always other

8 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you vax on schedule?

Default Do you vax on schedule?

I want to poll the APA population after a massive debate among my FB friends. I am so proud of myself for keeping my mouth shut as it went downhill. But how do you vax? Poll coming
    Last edited by tanyachap; 01-05-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Selective delayed schedule here :-)

Blog Entries

I chose per schedule as that fits most closely. We delay hep b until two months so we play catch up with that one. We probably won't do the one against cervical cancers for a few reasons (one being that all that shot does is make different strains become the big players in infections).
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Can I make the poll multiple choice after it was posted?
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I can't see the poll on my tablet, but this is us, too. Will have to vote when I can get on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    This is us too.
    We skip some all together, some are much later than most schedules have them and we only do 1 shot at a time with at least 3-6 months between shots. With the trio we didn't start until they were 2, we started Jericho at 1 yr...since he had siblings in school.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Selective, on our own schedule. She's almost 4 (OMG- first time I've said that.... I have a 4 yr old!! How did that happen???!!) and she's had 4 vaccines so far (2 of those being combination vaccines).

Obviously not vaxing yet BUT I plan on going on schedule. Unless there was some really great reason why not....like a previous bad reaction. For example my one dog we do not do lepto because she's had horrible reactions....but everything else is on schedule and the other dog gets everything. I feel that the evidence is there for the vaccines.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I voted other. Remy was selective/delayed vax and he hasnt had any for over 2 years, so we fit in many categories with just him. Seren has not yet had any vaccines.

**Lizzo**

Selected and delayed.

selective and delayed

One at a time but fully vaxed. Although we don't do rotovirus or flu. DD1 is in public school and is fully vaxed according to what they require.

We also do our own schedule like MMR after age 2 and chicken pox around 4-5...right before they start public school.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

On schedule

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Selective, delayed. No MMR here until they're older. Probably 9/10 because that's when we plan to start traveling out of the country with them to a few places that I know don't have routine vaccinations. We've got full pedi support on that one-he asked us to delay all vaccinations after age 2 for K and 1 for S so that we could sort out behavior and development issues on their own and not have any "what if" questions surrounding vaccinations. They also have not had varicella-Keira had full blown chicken pox when she was 3 and Scharae had a mild case just afterward. They will not get the cervical cancer one at this point. We'll see when we get to that point. We do not do flu shots, either.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

We do all the vax on time with the exception this year Sophia need a flu shot we opted to wait after Thanksgiving only because we were going out of town. We came back and got it two weeks later. I got very sick after the flu shot and if she would have gotten sick afterwards I wanted to us to be home when it happened. Otherwise we do all shots on time it very important to us to be on time.

Grayson is vaxed on schedule. Tyler didn't have any since he had so many other issues going on with his heart.

Delayed vax with only 1-2 per visit and MMR and chicken pox very delayed.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Pretty close to on schedule, except hep B. But then I have seen actual kids die from almost every illness there is a vaccine to prevent so it's not a very theoretical risk to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tapir View Post
    Pretty close to on schedule, except hep B. But then I have seen actual kids die from almost every illness there is a vaccine to prevent so it's not a very theoretical risk to me.
    That is exactly what my pediatrician said which is why I disregarded the sketchy info in the vaccine book and essentially went on schedule for my kids. When you see a big city doctor they have really seen everything.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

absolutely, positively on schedule.

DS is completely on schedule except the Chicken pox vax but we are waiting till before he begins kinder for that. #2 will be slightly delayed especially if we get an extra special baby (we know the risks that can happen with my pregnancy) and that is because we do not want to overload an already struggling immune system. My pedi was fully accepting and is willing to work with whatever crazy I throw at her and I love her for it.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by tapir View Post
    This is us too, including the delay on the hep B. I should add that I voted per schedule, because I only delayed the hep B by a couple of months.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 01-05-2013 at 11:22 PM.

I voted other -- we've delayed HepB w/all our kids, and we've delayed a vax here or there if it seemed like they were going to be getting a gazillion shots at one visit.

I voted other ... we started out as one at a time only. This resulted in delayed vax as compared to the standard schedule. DS is technically up to date, DD is missing a few. We have stopped now because we are dealing with other health issues and our pedi said DS should not receive any more vaxes.

For what it's worth, I am still pro-vax but I think the standard schedule is too aggressive. I would do it even slower if we had a do-over. My mom got polio as a child when the polio vaccine did not exist. She lives with severe physical disability. What a blessing the vax would have been for her. I do not think any of DS's health issues are caused by vaccines but they still add to the load on the immune system.

Yes, I appreciate the responses. I meant to say that if you are pretty close to the schedule, please vote "vax per schedule" but it seems that people did that anyway. Great to see the poll.

It is very interesting how people voted here and kind of mirrored the sides on this FB debate. One side were people in the medical field who have seen actual kids die from diseases for which there are vaxes available. The other side were parents whose children experienced serious reactions to vaxes and some of them have some sort of diagnosis. I have my opinions but kept them to myself. I am close to people on both sides and did not want to get caught in the middle.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

I voted per schedule, but for obviously reasons, Erin's were delayed because she was born 3 1/2 months premature. Katie has been vaxed on schedule and Nathan has been delayed one month because of prematurity.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Mostly on schedule here. We delayed the Hep B vax - instead of starting at birth, we waited until DD was 2 months old (no one in my family has Hep B, and I didn't foresee my newborn going out and engaging in risky behaviors). She hasn't had the varicella vax - in a few years, if she hasn't caught it, we'll reconsider.

We're doing on schedule, but selectively. We will do most vax's on schedule, but some we will not be doing at all.
    Jennifer

On schedule except the flu shot. She got one last year but didn't this winter. I never get the flu shot. She is 100% up to date with all her other vaccines and will continue as such.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Per the CDC schedule here as well.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)