Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you were pregnant did you have a strong feeling of the gender?

Default When you were pregnant did you have a strong feeling of the gender?

When you were pregnant, did you have a strong sense that your baby would be one gender or the other? If so were you right?

I'm just curious as I have been able to with 3 of my past pregnancies and I have a strong felling of what this one may be too. The only one I was unsure of was with DS#1. When I was pregnant with DS#2 I just knew he was a boy even though 3 ultrasound techs told me he was a girl. Everyone in the family was shocked when HE was born, even though I tried telling them he was a boy from about 10 weeks on. I also knew right away with DD that she was a girl. I was so convinced that I was comfortable with buying girl clothes. I was right again, and again with DS#3. This time I have referred to the baby as her/she when talking about it. Although I kinda feel as if my wanting a girl has my brain into believing that.
    Christine: Mommy to, Anthony 9.10, Caleb 8.7, Jacob 5.6, Katelynn our newbie and Our Angel Nevaeh 1/1/07-1/1/07

I was seriously clueless with DS1, DS2 I thought was a girl b/c my pregnancies with both boys were so different, and then with DD, I thought she was a girl, but since I had already had two boys I couldn't convince myself that my mommy gut was right.

I had a very strong feeling I was having a girl ... and I had DS ... it was a complete shock to me.

With DS I was absolutely positive I was having a boy. There was not a single doubt in my mind and no one could convince me other wise. This time however I am not quite sure. I think I may be right but I am also still uneasy and may know in a few weeks once I am firmly out of the first trimester.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

I knew DD1 was a girl all along and was obviously right.
    DD2 I truly didn't know.
    DD3 I was 99% sure was a boy. I was (and still kind of am) totally shocked when she said "it's a girl". I'm kind of embarrassed that my instinct was SO unbelievably wrong.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

I was sure DS1 was a girl. I was clearly wrong. I had no feeling w/the twins, and well, they were both!

I was convinced that DS was a girl. I was in complete shock when at the sonogram the nurse said that it was a boy.

Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

I did not. But I didn't try to either. If that matters!

I thought my first was a girl but was wrong. 2nd I thought boy and was right, the rest I thought girl and was right with all 4 of them, so I guess I'm 5:6. I wonder if I thought the 6th was a girl because I hadn't had a boy in so long though.

I'm really going to be shocked if this baby isn't a boy. We're trying to refer to the baby 50/50 as she/he but we're both convinced he's a he. I guess we'll see in July if we were right!

First one, yes. I was right. No unction yet on this one. Based on timing alone, my guess is a boy.

DD1 I was positive was going to be a boy. Idk I always thought I'd have a boy first. With DS I think I knew it was a boy, but loved having a girl so much I wanted another girl. DD2 I KNEW it was a girl-even before she was conceived. I even starting buying her clothes before we were even TTCing!!
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

I didn't have a feeling either. I thought that I would have a boy since we conceived the day I O'd but I had a girl.

No strong feelings with either! Whenever I started think 'girl' or 'boy' I automatically thought '50/50 chance' and I was back to having no idea.

very strong feeling with both; and i was right. with ds1 i knew from the beginning. with ds2, i was wondering till 10-11 weeks and then i knew. crazy!
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

James was right on the dot with instincts with boy kids. He said he'll have a boy first then a girl he was so sure and so right! I was totally wrong I thought for sure I was having a girl first then a boy. I was in total disbelief with Sophia I was *sure* I was going to have a boy. U/S tech said she was a girl. She said Sophia was a pretty obvious baby she had seen. I ended up having G/D and had to have ultrasounds every week from 32 weeks to 38 weeks and the last two weeks I had two U/S's a week. I asked every time "Are you sure she is still a girl"? I am such a goober.

With Jonathan I knew he was a boy, with Daniel I had no idea.
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

none. didn't really think much about it.

I very, very, very badly wanted a girl. Based on timing, I thought it would be, and I was right. But no gut feeling or anything.

With my ds,i had no clue. With my dd, i was completely sure i was having a boy. I was clearly wrong!!!!

I had no idea!
    Jennifer

I always felt like Tyler was a boy and I was right. With Grayson I was positive that I was having a girl. I asked the tech a couple of times if she was sure he was a boy. I also had them double check at an u/s a few weeks later. Now that he is here I can't believe I ever thought he was a girl, he is ALL boy!

Glad I'm not the only one who had a feeling that was wrong! I thought DS was a girl, and since I was wrong, I won't even think about it this time around. I will just be surprised either way at our big u/s.
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

With DD, I never had that strong feeling on whether she was a boy or girl. This time, I have a really strong feeling that it's a boy.

I had a strong feeling that I would have a girl with DD#1. To the point I would have been absolutely shocked had I been wrong. With my youngest DD I never really got a gender vibe.

I thought DD was a boy. So then I thought DS was going to be a girl because I felt like my pregnancy was very similar with both. We were pleasantly surprised both times

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

I was sure that I was going to have a boy, but I was wrong.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

With DS and DD1, I knew from the very begining what they were. I even told my DH to prepare for a girl with DD (he was convinced he didn't "make" girls, lol) and he didn't believe me until the u/s tech said "it's a girl". With the twins I really though they were going to be a boy and a girl. But I think I had myself convinced that's what they would be since It's would mean we had two boys and 2 girls, and make everything nice and even.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

I had no clue and no preference either way.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbearkrazy View Post
    When you were pregnant, did you have a strong sense that your baby would be one gender or the other? If so were you right?

I'm just curious as I have been able to with 3 of my past pregnancies and I have a strong felling of what this one may be too. The only one I was unsure of was with DS#1. When I was pregnant with DS#2 I just knew he was a boy even though 3 ultrasound techs told me he was a girl. Everyone in the family was shocked when HE was born, even though I tried telling them he was a boy from about 10 weeks on. I also knew right away with DD that she was a girl. I was so convinced that I was comfortable with buying girl clothes. I was right again, and again with DS#3. This time I have referred to the baby as her/she when talking about it. Although I kinda feel as if my wanting a girl has my brain into believing that.

I had a strong sense for the gender of both DD and DS and I was right both times!
    If you can give your child only one gift, let it be enthusiasm - Bruce Barton