Thread: Can't believe I'm asking this but...

Default Can't believe I'm asking this but...

I'm wondering if I should take a stupid pregnancy test. We are not TTC right now as we have an 8 week old foster daughter we are hoping to adopt, and after 16 months of fertility treatments and a m/c needed a serious break. I have Endo but haven't been able to have surgery for it yet, and I went back on the pill...I was only on it for a month and a half because I felt so awful on it and it made me SO hormonal. With a newborn at home I needed the hormones gone since I had that choice, and I quit taking it. We decided not to prevent since our chances on our own are probably zero.

So I quit the pill in the middle of my second pack, was fine for 2-3 days then bled for 7-9 days (I can't remember exactly). Right after I stopped bleeding with DTD one time. For days after that I had a ton of CM which I haven't had since I was on fertility drugs. I thought it was weird but dismissed it. Also, I was on the Lo Loestrin which is supposed to make your lining thin so you have very light AF. Well...a week after we DTD and I stopped bleeding I bled again. It probably would have been around the time I would have had AF if I'd stayed on the pill. I figured it was just that. Only, I bled for about 3ish days and never enough for more than one pantiliner a day. It's stopped now and my stupid boobs hurt and they usually don't after AF so I'm not sure what to think.

I'm pretty sure it's completely impossible and it'd be terrible timing, but should I take a test? I figure I'm just out of whack due to the pill right, even if I only took it for a month and a half? That's what I'm assuming, but I'm thinking of having DH pick up a test. Any advice?
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

You know us POAS pushers lol I vote YES! Although it def could be your body reacting to the on and off of the pill too but how awesome would it be if you got your little miracle baby!! And you've been pregnant before right? So it's not impossible.

Thanks sweetie. And yes I've been pregnant before but it was on an assisted cycle. I was on the lowest dose of Femara at the time. I used to O occasionally on my own but it wasn't consistent but when I got off of fertility drugs I had stopped responding to them...so...seems really unlikely. Ugh! Didn't think I'd be taking a test again for a long time...stupid tests. Lol.
    MMC 4/12

Well I do have my FX for you! KUP!

I just bought my pack of Frers so you should too. I had a bcp mishap and am having tons of symptoms, although they could just be in my head. You know how that goes.... Phantom symptoms suck!

I think any length of time on the pill can mess with your cycle, so yeah, it could be that.... but WTH, why not test anyway since there IS a chance?
    Leigh(36)/Matt(40)/Sonja Lily(4)/Damien Andrew(1.5)

Thanks ladies! Glad to know it's not just me babypayne! I'm getting DH to pick up some of the pink dye Target tests while he's out getting formula...never thought I'd say that. I really think it's just the pill messing with me since I have a rough time with the pill, but I'd rather know now while it's early if I am than worry about it. I'm currently taking a Cat X medication so I just want to be sure. Trying to decide if we need to prevent since I'm on a Cat X medication but I don't know...seems to me like there's no point. Grrr...I hate hormones. Lol.
    MMC 4/12

Wow what a roller coaster for you, fingers crossed that the test tells you the results you are looking for, hang in there mama!

Kelli = 37 DH = 38 (same bday) DSD=15 and DSS=8 and DS=4 born at 32 weeks 3 days on 10/8/08.

Quote Originally Posted by Kbull View Post
    Wow what a roller coaster for you, fingers crossed that the test tells you the results you are looking for, hang in there mama!
    I agree with this... I know you would also be overjoyed to get a BFP but I hope no matter what you get a baby that is home to stay very soon. keep us updated Leah

With my first pregnancy, my due-date was perfect timing! Right at the end of the school year so I would have the whole summer. Miscarriage. My next pregnancy had a due date in November - I'd have the 2 extra weeks of Christmas break added to my maternity leave. Sweet! Miscarriage. My third pregnancy had a due date in February. February?!?! Schedule-wise totally sucky! I'd LOSE a week of maternity leave because of spring break! Guess what? That's the one that stuck!!! Rooting for you!
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

Oh wow, I would be over the moon happy for you !! I can't wait for an update!!! I got pg the same month our DS was placed with us (I was 6months pg when we finalized and the judge congratulated me on our two new additions)...it happens and it's not a big deal, lol, just tiring .

*stalking*!!

Our friends struggled for years to conceive a baby. Finally gave up and adopted a boy from Russia. 6 weeks later they were pregnant with twins! Praying, praying, praying!

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Well I took a FRER and it was negative. I held pee for a while, not sure how long, but I'm pretty sure it's just the birth control messing with me which is what I was expecting. I might try one again in a few days if I feel weirder or something. I have a terrible time with the pill. I tried it just to see if it helps with the Endo pain and it just wasn't worth it. I'd rather have pain than feel as bad as I did on the pill, but since it messes with me so bad I'm not surprised at all it's done that now. I'll update in a few days if things change but I'm pretty sure it's just a case of just coming off of the stupid pill. Lol. I still think it'll happen one day, but I'm completely okay with it not being now. It was weird to take a test and not be crying waiting for the answer. Lol.
    MMC 4/12

Im so sorry that it was negative.

But on the other hand I am still so excited that you have your baby! How is it going being a new mom?
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

I'm okay with it being negative but thanks.

Baby girl is doing so so well! She's 8 weeks old tomorrow and she's getting so so big! I still can't believe how fast she's growing! She sleeps 5-7 hours a night in her own bed and eats like a champ. We love her so much and hope so bad that she's with us forever. We're enjoying every minute we have with her.
    MMC 4/12

Oh and Congratulations to you!!! I think I forgot to say that earlier! I suck. But YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Sending sticky vibes your way!
    MMC 4/12

What a crazy ride for you! When I got off BCPs, the same exact thing happened to me, totally thought I was pg my first cycle...who knew I'd still be here 4 years later! I've been totally stalking you in the other room, I too hope she is with you forever!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I've been silently watching your rollercoaster the entire time I've been here, and I was really rooting for you. I hope you get to keep your foster baby, you two sound like excellent parents.

Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)

Thank you ladies! I love you all for the support you've given me the last two years and I'm sure more to come!
    MMC 4/12