Thread: What's going on with everyone?

Default What's going on with everyone?

I'm very hopeful for the new year! I am currently waiting on AF to start so I can start a fresh cycle. I had my HSG last month and all was clear. Tubes both working fine and my uterus looked good. So that was awesome news! Now we just have to get me ovulating. This cycle I will be doing 100 mg of Clomid as opposed to the 50 I did my 1st cycle on it. Hoping it makes me ovulate this time! Even if I don't immediately get pg (which I don't expect it to happen right away) if we can at least get me ovulating, it will make me feel so much better about my situation.

Does anyone know what other meds help with ovulation? Besides Clomid and Femara? I've read here on the boards about people using trigger shots. Anyone know more about those and what they do exactly. I'm totally clueless when it comes to all that but I'm so ready to ovulate.
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

Glad to hear things are moving along for you! Hopefully the Clomid will work for you, but there is always injectibles as the next step. That's probably what we will start with in February with the RE unless I get a BFP on my own before then.

I finally was allowed to end my cycle following the D&C. It was so frustrating knowing we couldn't TTC and I wasn't ovulating. Thankfully, the prometrium did the trick and it looks like I may have O'd on my own already (okay, not on my own- I used licorice and peony root) but it was at least natural! This is the earliest I've O'd ever to my knowledge if it is in fact true. I don't have a good feeling about this cycle yet, but at least it is progress in the right direction!

Jen
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Candice, good luck with 100mg of clomid! Hoping it does the trick for you!
    Gator, maybe you'll get a surprise in the next couple of weeks?! Fx, otherwise good luck with the injectibles!
    AFM, I'm on cd5 of my first 50mg clomid cycle. I'm taking them cd3-7. I ov on my own, but RE is hoping this creates a more "robust" ovulation with at least 2 eggs to increase our chances. I have an u/s scheduled for cd12 to see if it's working. Really hoping this does the trick!

Candice - good luck with the Clomid! I hope it works.
    Gator - congrats on O'ing. Im glad you're getting back on track. Good luck!!
    Quinn - hoping the Clomid is working and you see some good stuff on your u/s. Good luck!!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Hey girls, Good luck Candice with the 100mgs! I also don't O on my own. We tried 50mg and 100mg of Clomid and it didn't work for us. We are getting ready to start Injects in my next cycle. I haven't O'd since being off BCP in April so it's been a long struggle. We also have blocked left tube that they found in my HSG test. If the clomid doesn't work for you, it's a safe bet that injects will be next. FX that you don't have to go this route and get a BFP before that happens!

You say you are waiting for AF, did they put you on Provera? That's the only way I have had AF since BCP.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post

I finally was allowed to end my cycle following the D&C. It was so frustrating knowing we couldn't TTC and I wasn't ovulating. Thankfully, the prometrium did the trick and it looks like I may have O'd on my own already (okay, not on my own- I used licorice and peony root) but it was at least natural! This is the earliest I've O'd ever to my knowledge if it is in fact true. I don't have a good feeling about this cycle yet, but at least it is progress in the right direction!

Jen
    What's this about licorice and peony root? I'd love to hear more about it!

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    Hey girls, Good luck Candice with the 100mgs! I also don't O on my own. We tried 50mg and 100mg of Clomid and it didn't work for us. We are getting ready to start Injects in my next cycle. I haven't O'd since being off BCP in April so it's been a long struggle. We also have blocked left tube that they found in my HSG test. If the clomid doesn't work for you, it's a safe bet that injects will be next. FX that you don't have to go this route and get a BFP before that happens!

You say you are waiting for AF, did they put you on Provera? That's the only way I have had AF since BCP.
    Yes, I do have to take Provera to get AF. I never start on my own. I finally started on Saturday but it's been kind of light. IDK why but that worries me. Who would have thought I'd ever wish for a heavy AF? CD 5 is Wednesday and I start the Clomid then. I'm wondering what side effects I will get taking 100 mg. On 50 mg I didn't really notice anything.

If I don't O with the Clomid this cycle I will definitely ask my Dr about injectibles. I've been curious about them so it'll be good to get some more info. Although I hate shots of any kind so hopefully this clomid does the trick.

Good luck everyone! It's nice to see where everyone is. Hoping this year is awesome for all of us!

Well, this sucks. It's looking more and more like I didn't O. I knew it was too good to be true. Looks like we're heading back to the RE in a couple of weeks.

The licorice-peony root formula is something my former acupuncturist had me try once cycle when we couldn't work with the RE due to a trip. It worked then, but doesn't appear to have done the trick this time. You basically take it like Clomid on CD 3-7 or CD 5-9 except you take it 3x/day instead of 1x/day like Clomid.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Sorry about the no O. I know all too well how frustrating that is.

Okay. I don't know what is going on now. I have lots of PG signs, including mild nausea, sensitivity to smells (eggs), sore boobs, and fatigue. I don't know if my body is playing tricks on me or not. I'm not even sure I O'd or when I did. I also have EWCM again, so maybe I'm really getting ready to O? Grrr.

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I had my CD12 monitoring u/s today. 1 follicle on the left at 17.5, and 1 on the right at 11.5. Lots of smaller ones on each side. This is my first cycle using 50mg of clomid and I was expecting at least 2 mature follicles because I do ovulate on my own. Is this normal? Or perhaps an indication that weak ovulation is the culprit for this IF nonsense?!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

I O on my own and I usually did 100mg. One time I had 4 follies, one time only one, and the other two times I had 2. So it really varies.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Not doing any medicated cycles - just trying on our own for now since that's how we got pregnant in September. I tested this morning because I wasn't sure if I surged on CD 14 or CD 18 and got a which I expected. I'm pretty certain I surged on the CD 18 so I will test again on Tuesday. This has just been a really weird cycle. I've always surged on CD 10, 12 or 14 NEVER 18 and AF was HEAVY for 8 days. I usually bleed lightly for 3-4 days. I told my DH it was too bad we didn't get pg on that cycle because I must have had a helluva lining!
    Last edited by Karen821; 01-11-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I O on my own and I usually did 100mg. One time I had 4 follies, one time only one, and the other two times I had 2. So it really varies.
    Thanks for clarifying for me! I've got a strong follicle and a good lining, so come on O!

Not STC related, but we are adding an 8 week old cocker spaniel to our family I guess I shouldn't say it's not related...pretty sure we wouldn't be if I was pregnant by now, but we're not, so why not?!! Gives us at least 9 months to get her potty trained!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

See the baby in my siggy? I had the same reasoning!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    See the baby in my siggy? I had the same reasoning!
    She's a doll!