Thread: X-Post Got my Meds!

Default X-Post Got my Meds!

I came home to find 3 large boxes just inside my front door and I have to say when I saw the boxes I was very surprised! I thought it would just be one mediem size box but it was 1 2x3ft box and two 2x2 boxes, the two small ones were 8lbs and the big box was 14lbs!! I don't even know where to put everything in my house because most our family doesn't know we are going through this so it's gotta be put away and I'm running out of hiding spots...so I put them all in our gun safe I am still missing the HCG shots which will come soon but I have everything else, I believe...

Just wondering though, what is my leuprolide 2 week kit? Is it to bring on AF or prevent it from coming?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

That's exciting! Mine are on their way, should have them in a couple of weeks. The Leuprolide suppresses the hormones that support the recruitment of mature follicles, and then the other meds (FSH probably) that follow flood them with hormones to mature the dormant follicles. This allows for the maximum number of follicles to be recruited for the IVF cycle possible. When do you start your cycle? I don't start until March 1. Good luck to you!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I'm not doing IVF, just Gonal F with IUI right now. I hope he doesn't make me wait 2wks to start Gonal F I want to just start them right away lol I have to wait until AF doesn't show, which is won't because I haven't O'd. If no AF by the 19th I schedule for an U/S and he will check my lining and see if I need to do Provera first or not. So I take the Leuprolide for 2wks while taking Gonal F or for 2wks then take Gonal F for a bit and then trigger? So confused! lol Good luck with your IVF though! Must be exciting! Are you staying all month in Barbados or just a week or so?

03/22/13

How much Gonal F will you be on? Once your next cycle starts, or they decide how to start it, they should give you a detailed medication plan that will clear up most of these questions. I'll be in Barbados for the 2 weeks of monitoring, medications, retrieval, transfer, and then home 2 days later. DH couldn't get as much time off as I did, so I'll have 4 days to myself when I get there...can't wait! I'm very thankful we're going through this MD. I spent $4000 on the meds (coming from Canada and the UK), and they would have been double that for a cycle in the states! Ouch!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Ouch! That's crazy! I got good insurance so I am thankful for that. I have to wait for AF to not show on the 19th and then schedule an U/S that following Monday, I'm hoping for the 26th. I think at that point he will tell me everything, like if I have to start Provera first or just jump right into Gonal-F. I don't know anything about dosages yet, he will probably start out really low because I had a lot of follicles at 8mm when we did the last U/S. They just aren't getting bigger than that at all, tried 50mg of Clomid then 100mg of Clomid and nothing. I go in for surgery to clear my tube on March 19th unless I get prego by then. I really don't want to have to go through the surgery so I am praying I get preg before that.

03/22/13