Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Baby won't stop moving

Got the results from the test already NO REFLUX they got some more blood results and found out he needs more b12 so he is being put on vitamins. They still have some other labs out so we will get the results in a week or so.They still believe the seizures are harmless and he will grow out them. We are getting discharged

Yay! What a relief!

Just read up on the b12 deficiency. It can cause abnormal movements and lethargy in infants. It says it is common in babies who are exclusively breastfed and have anemic moms. I'm anemic....this all makes sense now.

Sounds so promising. I hope he outgrows them soon
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

So glad you get to go home!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Blog Entries

I really do hope that the vitamins fix this all, then! SO glad that you are also going home.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

glad to hear that its a simple fix!

Quote Originally Posted by liontamer View Post
    Just read up on the b12 deficiency. It can cause abnormal movements and lethargy in infants. It says it is common in babies who are exclusively breastfed and have anemic moms. I'm anemic....this all makes sense now.
    That makes total sense! Really praying the b12 keeps him seizure free!

SO happy you're going home! (((Huge hugs)))! What a long exhausting week for you I'm sure!! I hope you get lots of R&R this weekend!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Oh how WONDERFUL if it' s that simple!

I'm hoping and praying it is ladies...little man is so happy to be home. He is nursing constantly I missed him being able to eat when he was hungry

What an ordeal you've all been through. I hope supplementing the b12 does the trick.

I'm hoping and praying it is ladies...little man is so happy to be home. He is nursing constantly I missed him being able to eat when he was hungry
    Awwwwwwww
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Whew! So glad you're home and with good news!
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Hooray for a great update!!
    This is MammaMia. I've lost my password.

Great update. And very interesting on the b12. I was severely anemic for awhile and one of the issues it caused for me is "restless leg" syndrome. I don't know if or how it is all related, but it is something to think about. What form will you be giving the b12? It is not absorbed well through the gut, it is usually best given as injection or sublingually. Is it passed in breastmilk? Can you take it for him?

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    Great update. And very interesting on the b12. I was severely anemic for awhile and one of the issues it caused for me is "restless leg" syndrome. I don't know if or how it is all related, but it is something to think about. What form will you be giving the b12? It is not absorbed well through the gut, it is usually best given as injection or sublingually. Is it passed in breastmilk? Can you take it for him?
    I was sent home with a multivitamin for him. I called his pediatrician and he said the vitamin for him was enough and I didnt have to take any but I feel like I should. If he isn't getting enough I must not be either.

He has an appt next Friday so I will ask again then. Probably going to call a lactose consultant tomorrow. They are available 7 days a week here. Maybe she can give me some insight.

I hope and pray that they've found the answer and that this fixes it! Big hugs, mama!
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

I really hope the B12 fixes the problem. Your little guy has already been through so much. Some B12 for him, and some iron for you, and I pray you'll both be good as new.

So glad to hear you're going home! Lots of prayers!
    Jennifer

Such wonderful news!

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!

Yay! So happy to hear this! Praying this is it for you all!

Glad that you guys are home! I hoping upping the B12 does the trick! The effects of vitamin deficiencies can be amazing.
    My 3 yo cuties!

What a wonderful update! I'm so glad you have answers and that the solution is so simple! Enjoy being home and snuggling your sweet baby!

Wonderful!

25. Default

Oh such wonderful news! I'm so glad that it was something as simple as vitamins.
    Christine: Mommy to, Anthony 9.10, Caleb 8.7, Jacob 5.6, Katelynn our newbie and Our Angel Nevaeh 1/1/07-1/1/07

Just reading this thread for the first time and I'm so sorry for what you all have been going through! My thought's and prayers are with you and your precious boy and hoping hoping hoping that the vitamins will be the answer! Hang in there!
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

Got the results from the test already NO REFLUX they got some more blood results and found out he needs more b12 so he is being put on vitamins. They still have some other labs out so we will get the results in a week or so.They still believe the seizures are harmless and he will grow out them. We are getting discharged

you ladies are awesome. The vitamins smelled super strong so I pumped some milk and mixed it in. He still gave a funny face but drank upso nice to snuggle with him and being able to pick him up with no wires or anything stuck to him

Oh I'm so glad you may have found the problem! I sure hope it fixes it all!
    ~Andrea~

Blog Entries

Yes, B Vitamins are super stinky. I really hope that they help!
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.