Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Baby won't stop moving

Not a doctor so i don't want to make guesses... but I'll add another "he's adorable!" So cute! I'm glad that you're getting some answers!

A spinal tap? Poor baby. And poor momma, too.

Quote Originally Posted by liontamer View Post
    They are saying they are benign seizures. His gi dr told us he really doesn't think it's caused by reflux. They did a spinal tap today I did not like that. Waiting on the basic results from that.
    !!! Breaks my heart! (((Hugs)))...you poor momma, you've been through so much, eesh, wish I could give you a RL hug

Thinking of you and praying !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Hoping you get the results soon.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

hoping for great news soon
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Poor little guy. I hope you get some answers soon.

He is doing better but now he has started having black stringy like things in his poop. Remember heis strictly breastfed and has never had that issue. I know black usually means blood so they are going to get it tested I will let you ladies know what I find out

Basic results from the spinal are normal

Blog Entries

I'm glad that the spinal tap is normal but am so sorry that they had to do one on him. I really do hope that you get some very good answers soon. If he was having seizures could that have caused the change in his poop? I am still praying for you all.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Sending tons of good thoughts your way. I hope you get some answers soon!
    This is MammaMia. I've lost my password.

Thanks so much for keeping us updated ... you know we are all thinking of you and your dear one. Still sending good thoughts your way for accurate diagnosis and healing.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

I'm so sorry for all you are going through! Praying for you!

So glad his spinal was normal ! Praying!!

Glad his spinal tap checked out okay. I hope you get to the bottom of this quickly.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I tried to send you a pm last week, but I'm not sure if I sent it, I was on my phone. I wanted to reach out to you because I know exactly what you are going through. My little guy was admitted to the hospital on Nov. 4th at 7 weeks old for apnea episodes. He would stop breathing for 10 to 15 seconds. I can't tell you how many times I pleaded with God. A doctor saw his episode on the nurse's monitor and came in to check on him. At that moment he was having a seizure and the doctor witnessed it. My poor baby had to endure countless blood tests, spinal, EEg, MRI, u/s of his brain, and 7 days in the hospital. I thought, "If someone sticks my baby one more time I'm going to lose it." Unfortunately, his spinal came back with white blood cells. So, they had to send out for additional testing and treat him as if he had herpes (which I knew better) and meningitis. He had so many problems with the IV in his arm that they eventually moved it to his head I know how much it means to be able to hold and nurse your baby. Just knowing they know your there for them makes a world of difference.

My DS has since been on meds for the seizures. We have switched meds and changed doses a few times. It's always a struggle for me to watch him go through them. I have never felt so helpless.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. If you have any questions or need to vent, I am here to listen. I'm so sorry you and your DS are going through this. Big Big Hugs!!!
    Last edited by CorpsmanWife; 01-17-2013 at 10:08 AM.

You actual posted a visitor message on my profile. I replied to you there. I'm so sorry your little one had to go through all that. they really believe the seizures are not hurting him but they told me only time will tell. They are doing a ph test today to see if they are caused by acid reflux. Our babies are so close in age. Let's hope they grow out of them!

The ph test consists of a tube going through his nose to his throat. It will let us know if reflux is there and how bad.

His spinal tap did come back with red blood cells but they said it was because they had to stick him several times.

I wish I would have seen the message. I thought I sent one to your inbox.

Your poor little guy!! I can't imagine a tube going down his throat. I assume they will want to sedate him? They had mentioned that for the MRI we had, but luckily the nurse let me bf right before and he slept the whole time. When will they have the results for that? I'm so sorry! My heart aches for you guys.
    Last edited by CorpsmanWife; 01-17-2013 at 02:10 PM.

They didn't want to do the MRI since the ct scan came back normal. I still don't understand why.

He has the tube put in now. No sedation. They just pushed it in :/. I'm so ready to find out what this is.

Harrison had that tube along with others for a big test they needed to run before releasing him from the NICU. They did find that he has reflux. I hope it is something they can treat with medication to get it under control so the seizures stop

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

If it means anything, I was scheduled to do the same PH tests (one where they make you swallow/scan with that in your stomach and the one where you wear it down your nose for 24 hours) last month. We postponed (perhaps cancelled) when I had to have surgery for something else, but it's fairly common. It sounded awful, but as I researched, it seems that with the numbing creme in your nose, it's not as bad as it sounds. It's standard for measuring the amount of acid that comes up. One should be able to eat as normal; they even told me that I could go to work with it in - but small as it might have been, I wasn't planning to walk around with a tube taped outside of my nose. (Probably somewhat different for infants, but same idea?)

Anyway, I hope that both of your kids are okay. Hope that you get resolution soon.
    Last edited by ibisgirldc; 01-17-2013 at 02:35 PM.

hope that all issues get resolved and taht its just something simple that a medication will take care of. prayers and more hugs

Thanks so much ladies. You are awesome.

Well as expected we had a rough night. Him only being able to eat every four hours has made my hungry man so fussy. He is just not having it. So ready for 1:30....5 more hours and then I can feed my man whenever I want. I'm so ready for answers and so ready not to torture him anymore. We should be getting discharged today.

Blog Entries

Poor baby and mom! I'd be cranky, too, if I couldn't eat when I was hungry. Both of my kids would have been miserable as they always ate every two hours.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    Poor baby and mom! I'd be cranky, too, if I couldn't eat when I was hungry. Both of my kids would have been miserable as they always ate every two hours.
    That's how he is. Sometimes even less.

(((Hugs)))!! You poor pumpkin...so hard to see our little ones go through things like this ! I sure hope this all gets figured out and there's a simple solution !

I'm so sorry momma! Big hugs, thoughts and prayers your way!

Last feeding before the tube gets taken out. I can't wait! So four more hours. Ready for a good nap for both of us lol.

You're in the home stretch! Hope you get a definitive answer.
    My 3 yo cuties!

Tube is out yay! Waiting on the results now.