Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby won't stop moving

See my dd had acid reflux and did nothing like this. He only spits up when he doesn't burp and its not a lot. My nephew and niece had it and they would spit up everywhere. It just doesn't seem right...

Here is a video of him at the end of an episode....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3xoR...ature=youtu.be
    Hope that link works

I hope you're able to get some answers at the upcoming appointment.
    He is too cute btw!

Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

It does sound like there is a more rare type of reflux that can cause episodes that resemble seizures. Google Sandifer syndrome and see if that sounds like it.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Huh, I see what you mean. The amount of movement in general seems okay but the head pulling/sway looks abnormal to me...something about the way he calms a bit, pulls his head and his eyes follow. Seizures in babies can be very subtle. My bff's LO had seizures as a newborn and her eyelids would flutter quickly. My friend thought it was normal and kind of cute that she "bats her eyes" until the Dr saw it and confirmed through eeg she was having seizures. Her son has febrile seizures...he gets quiet and makes chewing movement...that's it. Both are fine and required no tx (just have to keep fevers down).

It doesn't look like anything I've experienced with reflux...trying to think of why it would even cause your LO to move in that way.

Btw...he is *adorable*!!!

I agree with the pp who said follow your gut!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

It does look like sandifer syndrome but he doesn't spit up unless he doesn't burp.... Thanks so much ladies. You are helping me prepare for tomorrow's neurologist appt. definitely going to ask for an MRI and genetic testing before settling on the reflux diagnosis.

Here's a video of his normal cute self

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvLd6...ature=youtu.be

I saw the video and he is sooooooooooooo adorable. I have no clue or advice. Hope you find answers soon, mama. KUP
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Quote Originally Posted by liontamer View Post
    It does look like sandifer syndrome but he doesn't spit up unless he doesn't burp.... Thanks so much ladies. You are helping me prepare for tomorrow's neurologist appt. definitely going to ask for an MRI and genetic testing before settling on the reflux diagnosis.

Here's a video of his normal cute self

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvLd6...ature=youtu.be
    Oh my word he is such a doll!! Just loved it !

Such a cutie! It looks like normal happy baby wiggliness to me, I don't see anything out of the ordinary. He seems to be looking around at things, and the movement is more random and less rhythmic than I would expect for a seizure. But, as some one said, seizures can be very subtle and you are the mom and should trust your instincts!

I saw the video and if its not seizures a total shot in the dark would be him maybe having "tics" or tourettes? I don't know if that is possible for babies. Or he might just go through active periods. I sure hope everything is okay for the little guy. He is a cute baby !

I'm curious if you pick him up and hold him to your chest (facing you) when he is doing the wiggly, does he stop? Or does he keep twitching and moving even when you snuggle him?

He is sooo cute!

If you didn't mention it I doubt I would have noticed anything abnormal in that video. Even looking for it I found it hard to notice. I hope it's nothing! Definitely go with your gut.

I hope you get some solid answers on Tues.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Does he seem aware of you when these episodes are happening? I have an epileptic dog that has grand mal seizures but her eyes do the same thing right before an episode, that intent stare and then the mouth movement, but hers are full on. They could also be focal seizures and that's why the rhythmic movement isn't there. I know it's not the same since mine is a dog but we found that if we see one of these coming on sometime optic pressure works to stop them. We simply place our palms over her eyes and apply gentle pressure and we can avert them, we have also found and ice pack on her back helps to shorten the duration when an episode starts. We've also found food triggers which you may want to look into since you at e breastfeeding. Grains and rosemary are huge culprits. Just some stuff to consider. He is too cute! I hope you get some answers soon. I also hope someone has explained to you that seizures do not hurt, they don't remember them, and the mostly look pretty awful. Just make sure you are offering lots of booby after an episode. They tend to get warm during an episode, they need the sugar to rebound, and all that activity means they use a lot of energy and need the calories.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Bad update. He was asleep on my chest and all of a sudden he stopped breathing and has been having seizures on and off ever since. Going to the hospital now. Please keep my baby boy in your thoughts and prayers. I will update as soon as I can.

I hope he is ok.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

He just stopped breathing again in the car in the seizures are back. wish this was me and not my poor sweet baby.

oh no. I am so sorry to read this. We are all here pulling for your little guy.

Blog Entries

Praying for you all. He is so cute and I really hope they figure this out. I'm so glad that he was with you with this latest episode and that he has such a good mommy.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Praying for you and your precious little guy!

Oh momma, I'm so sorry !!! Really really praying for you both!

Dear God, please place your healing hands over this little baby boy. Amen.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

...I don't know how far away you are but if it's more than 15mins stop and call 911 (((big hugs)))!

So sorry to hear this. Thinking of you.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Made it to the hospital. Skipped er and getting admitted right now.

keep us updated!

I'm glad you made it there ok. I'll be thinking of you and your little guy.
    My 3 yo cuties!

Praying you get some answers this time...thinking of you!

He is breathing normal and no seizure activity at this point.

So glad he's doing better for now! I know it's probably nearly impossible but praying you get some sleep tonight (((hugs))) !

i'm just seeing this now. i'll keep you and your son in my prayers tonight.

I missed this before. Your sweet boy (who is absolutely adorable!) is in my thoughts.