Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby won't stop moving

Default Baby won't stop moving

I noticed my son doing this but I really didnt think much of it. I had no clue it was abnormal. His limbs and his head are in a constant moving state unless he is sleeping but then his little fingers are always moving. He can't sleep on his back or side without him waking himself up so I have to let him sleep on his belly. He is doing A ray charles head bob(best way I can explain it). He sways back and forth whether he is holding his head or up or laying down. His arms and legs are very figgidity. He does it a lot.
    Well the dr was thinking he was blind so he sent us to the eye dr and the dr said he can see but his optic nerves was small. The weren't abnormal but they weren't normal so he was in between. So now his dr wants us to go see a neurologist. We have an appt scheduled for next Tuesday.

Another symptom of his, is he does not blink when something comes near his eyes. The dr wouldn't even give him his shots today. So do any of you ladies have experience with this. His eyes are not bouncing so they are thinking it has to be neurological and nothing to do with his vision. He also has trouble nursing. His head wants to move so he unlatches.

Please keep my little man in your thoughts and prayers. He is only 9 weeks old.

Have any of you heard of what this could be? Any opinions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Trying to stay away from google. I hope this all made sense. Today has been a hard day especially on someone who is getting no sleep.

Blog Entries

I've prayed for you and your little one. I don't have any experience with this but can't help but think it is great for it to be figured out now when he is so young. I'll keep praying for you all.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I don't have any experience but I'm sorry that you are all going thru this. It sounds like an incredibly hard day. I hope the dr's figure out what's going on very quickly. I'll be thinking of you.
    My 3 yo cuties!

I hope you get some answers.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn08 View Post
    I don't have any experience but I'm sorry that you are all going thru this. It sounds like an incredibly hard day. I hope the dr's figure out what's going on very quickly. I'll be thinking of you.
    Well said. To the op, sending good wishes your way...

I hope they figure it out very soon. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

(((Big hugs)))! Praying you get some answers and everything is okay. Kup!

I don't have any experience, but just wanted to send lots of good thoughts and prayers!
    Jennifer

I don't have any ideas either, but I hope it's something easily fixed. Just wanted to send my hugs and prayers your way.
    ~Andrea~

I am unsure of what it could be I hope you get answers quickly!

Big big hugs! I can imagine how scary it would be to hear that something might be wrong with my tiny baby. I will pray that he gets a clean bill of health and is just a wiggly little guy.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. It's so hard to stay away from google but I know I would just drive myself insane if I started to search. This is just so hard

Oh I bet it is hard. I hope you get answers quickly as not knowing is the scariest part. Will keep you in my thoughts. Remember when you google you are going to find worst cas scenarios, which are rarely the reality. Huge hugs to you.

Can you google what Infantile spasms look like on youtube and see if what he is doing even resembles that. Cole would have jerky movements that he couldn't control, but I had no idea they were seizures. Believe me we have had our share of issues and are on meds see the neuro 4x a year at the least, normally it was 1x a month. Cole still has seizures and has had a brain surgery to remove some of the tubers, I would just make sure that they do all the testing that they need to to figure out what is causing the problem, and your pedi is correct, vaccines will affect him "if" its neurological. So dont worry, will he atleast feed from a bottle or the same reaction as BFing? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Sending you lots of good wishes and thoughts, and big hugs to your little sweetie. I can only imagine how worrying this must be for you. Please keep us updated when you learn more.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Quote Originally Posted by babybluesash View Post
    Can you google what Infantile spasms look like on youtube and see if what he is doing even resembles that. Cole would have jerky movements that he couldn't control, but I had no idea they were seizures. Believe me we have had our share of issues and are on meds see the neuro 4x a year at the least, normally it was 1x a month. Cole still has seizures and has had a brain surgery to remove some of the tubers, I would just make sure that they do all the testing that they need to to figure out what is causing the problem, and your pedi is correct, vaccines will affect him "if" its neurological. So dont worry, will he atleast feed from a bottle or the same reaction as BFing? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
    He doesn't jerk or make movements like that. His movements are very gentle and like he is constantly dancing. It's like he is swaying.
    I will try and record it and post a video later.

As for feeding I can still get him to nurse. He does take a bottle but I just can't pump enough. He still eats good once he latches.

So sorry to hear your little one has gone through so much. What a fighter.

What scares me is my brother has a brain tumor and has seizures.

I don't have any advice or words of wisdom but I wanted to offer up my thoughts and prayers to you and your baby boy. I can't imagine leaving the doc without answers and having to wait. Big hugs.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Sending positive thoughts your way. I hope that the Doc is able to give resolution to what is going on with your sweet boy. Not knowing can be so frustrating. Please keep us posted!

After observing him even closer it does look like he does stiffen up but not as violent as the videos i have seen. Beginning to think it is seizures. I called his drs office and I'm waiting for a call back. Going to ask if there is anything I need to be looking out for. Thanks for the prayers.

Dr told me to go to the e.r. waiting on dh to get home because he has my car.

Blog Entries

Praying.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

Thinking of you.

I hope everything is ok.
    My 3 yo cuties!

He has been admitted to the hospital. They have done a ct scan and it came back normal but he is most likely having seizures. They should be doing an EEG soon.

Thinking of you.

Just seeing this. I am so sorry. Praying for him!!!!
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Thanks ladies. It's such a helpless feeling seeing your child go through all this.

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry. At least you are getting answers quickly be strong!

They are going to hook him up to an EEG soon. They will be monitoring him for 24 hours