Thread: Should I take a test?

toxicity Guest

Question Should I take a test?

Just for starters, I'm going to go ahead and say I do NOT want a child. I don't know if all this information is necessary. It's helping me vent a bit, I guess.

I started taking BC pills on November 10th and the doctor said I should take a whole months worth to be protected from pregnancy. My boyfriend and I "had sex" (it hurt so bad that barely anything happened) over Thanksgiving break without condoms despite this information. I went back to school and had a really light period (Dec 10-12) but I figured it was because I had just started BC.

On December 20th we went on a date that involved being outside in the 40 degree cold for hours and I got really nauseous and threw up all over his lawn (great memory, eh?). I went home and threw up three more times and it hurt to pee so I figured I had a UTI. I called my sister (a pediatrician) the next morning and she said I probably had a UTI and prescribed antibiotics to take for 5 days. I felt okay a few days later but waited until I wasn't taking antibiotics to have sex again. I think I didn't wait long enough because I'm pretty sure antibiotics mess with the effectiveness of BC pills, which is why I'm afraid I could be pregnant. On December 27 and 28, I rode my horse and noticed I was bleeding afterwards, but when I changed underwear, there wasn't anymore blood. It was only there after riding. One of the side effects of taking BC pills is spotting so I figured it wasn't a big deal.

Anyway, New Years Eve I had a sore throat and I was really tired so I didn't go out. I noticed that night that my boobs looked kind of bigger and they hurt, and it seemed like I gained a little weight but I hadn't been eating very well so that didn't bother me too much. I all of a sudden got this sick feeling in my stomach that I could be pregnant and it has been making me paranoid ever since. I expressed my concern to my boyfriend and he said that I was probably just being paranoid, but he would support me either way and I should not worry about it. We decided we would definitely get condoms before we had sex again.

I was supposed to start my period today but it hasn't happened. I'm wondering how early I can take a pregnancy test that would still be accurate. Should I go to the doctor or buy an at home test? And I guess if it comes back positive that's a whole new thread... :/

TIA

If your period's not here by tomorrow, I'd get a home test and take it.

Take a test at home and then go from there. I am going to suggest a test from the dollar store its a bit tricky but, accurate. It will come with a dropper thing. Use a dry cup pee in it, take the dropper to suction out some urine, drop three drop on the testing spot as it will show on the instructions. They also have $3 dollar tests at the dollar store that are easier to use. A positive result may show within a minute. If your not pregnant I'd suggest talking to your doctor about other options for birth control that might be longer term. Good luck!

I would take a test tomorrow morning using your first am urine. The throwing is concerning as is the bleeding from your horse back riding. Antibiotics will greatly reduce the protection provided to you by birth control. Good luck.

Also do you know if he came in you? Was it the first time having sex? You can still be pregnant from the first time but, if he didn't "come" then it would be less likely for you to be pregnant.