Thread: Running out of Hope

Hybrid View

CurlyM Guest

Default Running out of Hope

Hi,
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 3 years. For the past 2 years I have had several IUI's and 1 IVF. After having my IVF this past March, I have not felt the same. I suffer from IBS-C and was doing well with it until the transfer in March. Now, the hormone side effects have subsided but the IBS is still a struggle. I have been told by several doctors that IBS does not cause fertility problems. I don't think I can go through IVF again. It was too painful emotionally and physically. We are trying again to do this naturally. I chart my cycles every month which are pretty consistent. I have also been going for acupuncture treatments. I have been afraid to start on any medications or herbal supplements because of the IBS. I am really starting to lose hope. Everyone around me is having babies. It just seems so easy for them. I have been depressed over this for a while now and don't know how to snap out of it. I have been thinking about going to a therapist but are they going to say? "Try to relax and it may happen because you are not thinking about it so much" or "Sometimes things are not meant to be"? I don't know. I'm so bitter, angry and hurt that I just don't know what route to take anymore.
    Thanks for letting me vent!

You found a good place to come. The girls in APA are very supportive. Sometimes you just need someone to understand.
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

I'm so sorry Wanting desperately to have a baby while watching others around you have one with little to no effort is the worst thing I've ever experienced. I wouldn't wish it on anyone and for those that say, "Don't worry it will happen when it's supposed to," I want to punch them! If I waited for it to just happen, I'd probably never have another child. If it was just going to happen, I'm pretty sure in a period of 5 years it would have happened by now!
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

Vent away. You're not alone!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

That sucks! I'm so sorry you're going through this. Vent away - that's what we're here for. It's the worst when people tell you to relax or maybe it's not in the cards for you. No one I knew had been through infertility til I came to APA and I never felt understood. Everything everyone said was wrong. I pray that you get a little miracle. It took us 6 years for ours to happen, so if you can hang in there, there is hope.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.