Thread: OPKs and Progesterone?

Default OPKs and Progesterone?

Does anyone know if progesterone supplements can trigger a positive OPK? I've had one cycle since the last miscarriage and I O'd on CD 14. Usually I'm very consistent on the day I O. When trying for DD it was always CD 10. For this last pg, it was CD 12. Anyway, this month I didn't get the positive on CD 14 like I thought I would. I was using a digital and it was malfunctioning (it would show the empty O when I ejected the stick, but go blank with the stick inserted!) So I decided to assume it was CD 14 and started my progesterone 4 days later. I do morning and evening. Well, the afternoon after the first supplement I got a smiley. We hit the timing on both windows, so I'm covered there. I guess I'm hoping it was a real O the second time and not the first. Which brings me to another question. On my last pg that I miscarried, I never got my surge, either. Again, my test was malfunctioning so it is possible it happened on that day (of course, I always look at the blue lines when I eject and I don't remember seeing them ultra dark). Since that one ended in miscarriage, I'm worried that if I surged on CD 14 this time, but didn't detect it, is it a weak o? A bad egg? Does it matter? Am I making any sense?!?

ETA: I just had a minute amount of spotting. If I surged on CD 14, that would be 7dpo, which would be about right for implantation. I had implantation bleeding with DD and with the last pg. Eeek!
    Last edited by Karen821; 01-07-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

When I took progesterone it did not mess with my OPK's.

Fx for you!!!

Thanks. I just got home and did another OPK since I restarted my progesterone this morning. It was negative. So hopefully that means I surged on CD 18 instead. I don't know what the minimal spotting today was all about. It's only 4dpo so a bit early for implantation bleeding. Time will tell!
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12