Thread: so confused

Default so confused

I am going to see an RE today, after talking myself out of it for so long. This is very foreign territory for me, as I've had two full-term pregnancies, which took 3 months and 1 month (respectively) to achieve. That makes it all the more frustrating that I'm on my 19th month with no dice!! I will be 34 Wednesday and have tried clomid (for 8 months), all the way up to 150 mg. They say it looks as though I'm ovulating based on all of the tests and OPKs, they've looked at my lining and have done an HSG. All of these came back normal (the HSG caused my tubes to spasm - they think - but open with pressure). My husband has said that he is adamantly opposed to IVF, but will do pretty much anything else, as long as we cut back in other areas. I'm hoping that you ladies can give me some hope, as everything I find online seems to be gloom and doom when it comes to anything but IVF. Just like all of you ladies, I am (and have been) dying to get preggers!! I'm also beginning to stress over my age. Anyone have any hope to offer?
    My Ovulation Chart[

Julianne Catherine 08/08/07 and Avery Eliza 05/08/09. I am in love with my two darling girls!!

good luck with your appt today! I'm in a similar situation as you - my two DDs were each conceived in 2 months of trying and we are now over a year ttc our 3rd. Took more than several months of denial for me to admit something wasn't working the way it used to! I'm currently on my first clomid cycle (just cd8) but honestly not feeling hopeful for some reason. Like you, test show I ovulate on my own and DH's sa is normal. So frustrating! I wish you luck and hope the RE helps you come up with a plan that works for you and your family!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

Thank you for the response, Quinn'smama! My visit to the RE went pretty well. The best part was when he said "I'm not worried about you guys. You're the easy ones. You've already had two kids on your own." At the beginning of my next cycle, he wants to do Letrizole, then do an HCG shot and ultrasound with IUI. He said that Letrizole often works for patients who didn't achieve pregnancy with clomid. He just has to obtain all of my records from my ob/gyn, and I have to get him the images from my HSG. Now my only HUGE frustration is insurance! The RE is coding things as "unspecified infertility," which they see as them still trying to get to the bottom of things. However, my insurance (ggrrrrrrr!!!) sees that as "Well, they've diagnosed you as infertile, so it's all treatment at this point, rather than diagnostic. You're on your own." The doctor's office is being very helpful, and we're trying to sort all of this out, but it's SO frustrating!
    My Ovulation Chart[

Julianne Catherine 08/08/07 and Avery Eliza 05/08/09. I am in love with my two darling girls!!

Hope you get things figured out with insurance! It's awesome you have such an enthusiastic Dr as well I had one kid so figured having another shouldn't be too hard...he's 7 now! Sometimes our bodies just don't want to cooperate I guess. I hope your stay here is short!!
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

Ugh, insurance It's bad enough we have to deal with stc to begin with, throw money into it and its downright terrible. Hope you get it sorted out!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

Well, I battled with insurance and no dice. The way my doctor's office explained it to me is that, as an RE, they best diagnostic code they can provide (without it being insurance fraud) is "unspecified infertility." Well, from what they told me, most insurance companies take this code as "they've already diagnosed you as infertile, so anything from here on out is treatment; even office visits." The doctor's office told me it's pretty much a legal loophole insurance companies use to avoid paying. However, I will still count my blessings, as I have a husband who is supportive of everything but IVF, and we have the means to pay for it without going in to debt.
    My Ovulation Chart[