Thread: Spotting for 2 weeks?

Hybrid View

Question Spotting for 2 weeks?

Ok, so last month I posted in here because I was running a week late on my period. Well, it came and went, it was fairly heavy... happened around the 5th of december I want to say. DH and I had sex during and after. He pulled out most of the time, but there were one or two times that he didn't. I ended up getting my period again 2 weeks later, and for the past 2 weeks have been spotting off and on, sometimes a little heavier, with small clots, other times light. I am not sure why my period has been so irregular. I have had some twinges and cramps, nothing bad though. I have been gassy too, otherwise nothing really out of the norm. I was wondering if any of you ladies have experienced stuff like this before where your period has been so wacky... Could this be a pregnancy sign? I thought that NOT bleeding was... any input??
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...

I went thru a bout where I was having a period every 15 days for about 4 months. My doctor put me on a cycle of provera and it straightened it out to where I am on a usually very regular 27 day cycle but now however it is way shorter than it ever was. I would go to your gyno and ask them to run tests for pg and ask about the provera

So I went ahead and went to the store and purchased a couple of HPT's just to make sure that there isn't anything going on in there that I am not aware of... I have had some cramping off and on today, spotting lessened though and is almost not there. I did the preg calculator thing, and based on when I actually had my ast full blown cycle around Dec 5, I would be 4 weeks and 5 days if I were preggers. I don't really think that I am, but thank you for the advice. I am going to make an appointment with my OB to get on some good birth control that can help regulate my cycles again, since they have been off. I do have PCOS, and my cycles are a little weird sometimes, but nothing like this in the 9 months or so that I haven't been on birth control... so yeah. Anyways, thanks again. I will KUP about the results tomorrow.

Ok, so I took a equaline pregnancy test this morning, but the blue dye barely even showed up on the test, it looked negative though, and I checked it again and it looks like it has an evap line. I usually test with First Response, I have always had good results with this, but they are kind of pricey, so I was just trying to save. I have an appointment with my OB tomorrow to go ahead and talk about the spotting that I have been having, rule out pregnancy, and then talk about some BC. I started to bleed a little heavier this morning right after I took the pregnancy test, and I swore that my period was coming on, but after the small clot I passed and the red bleeding, I have been cramping all day, and have had barely any spotting at all... when I was pregnant last time I had cramping too, which is weird for me, because I really NEVER have cramps. They are more steady today then they were the past couple of days... been feeling some sharper pain in my right side. I am really hoping that there isn't something more serious wrong with me, or that I have a tubal pregnancy, I am a little scared of that, since I miscarried my last pregnancy. I will have another update as soon as I have my doc appointment tomorrow and we run any tests. Thank you ladies for stopping in here and reading my post, any more input that any of you viewers have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- Sierra
    Last edited by oceanfairie; 01-10-2013 at 12:29 AM.

So all clear from the doctor, everything was typical for PCOS, I had recent weight gain, so this was why things were acting up. Going back on the pill and going to loose my weight. Plus lover enzymes are high, so too much estrogen running around my system affecting my cycles too. Thanks!

Blog Entries

I'm sorry that it wasn't better news! I'm glad that you have a plan to get things working again.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD