Thread: Frustrated, can you please lend some opinions?

Hybrid View

Default Frustrated, can you please lend some opinions?

Hi guys. So I did a bot very good job with the pills last month and think I may be pregnant. I took my last pill on Thursday, I have a normal 28 day cycle and should have started AF on Saturday. It's Monday and still no AF. I have taken two tests, one last night and one this morning and both negative. I have no cramps and by this time I would be taken medicine for the pain. I'm frustrated because I'd like to know one way or the other. Definitely wouldn't mind getting pregnant, I would be thrilled and I know DH would be too but I don't want to get myself let down. My girlfriend says I should call my OB but I was going to wait to see if I started today. When I say I messed up on my pills I mean I missed two days in a row and I think we might have had sex around that time and it was about day 14 in my pill pack so I think I may have been ovulating? Not sure, you all are more knowledgeable than me so I'd love the insight. Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Missing two pills in a row can lead to ovulation, but not necessarily on the two days that you missed. I would also think that missing those pills could confuse your body and cause your period to be late. Did you just toss those two pills?

I'd say that you should test again in a few days if you still haven't gotten your period. I imagine that your OB will just say to start the new pack as per normal, but I do not have a lot of experience with birth control pills since they always made me ill.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I would think missing 2 pills would throw off your AF. It's possible you could be pregnant too, but I would assume it was the missed pills until I was a week or more late I'd say.

I've missed a couple in a row in the past and only that would happen would be a little bit of blood when I wiped but otherwise my period always started on time. I don't throw the pills away, I do still take them.

I'm having headaches that will not go away and am really tired. Nauseous while eating as well.