Thread: Natural help for male factor IF?

Default Natural help for male factor IF?

Hello all. I used to visit this site years ago back when we were TTC for a good three years or so. We ultimately moved on to adoption and are lucky to be parents of an amazing 2 year old boy. But we are not really able to afford adoption again, and were considering trying on our own for a bit again. We're pretty severe MF and don't have any desire to go back to doctors (again, money) but we're willing to try homeopathic stuff like supplements or vitamins if possible. I can't remember what in the world DH took the first time around, although I feel like it helped. Does anyone know of any good vitamin supplements for men? Or for women for that matter...I have a luteal phase defect and I'm on Prometrium supplementation on the back half of my cycle (just keeps me more even/sane) but would be open to other ideas as well!
    STC since June 2007
    IUI #1: IUI Cycle #2 IUI Cycle #3:
    Officially a waiting adoptive family as of 2/25/10

Our re recommended Menevit, which apparently some studies have proven is helpful. Looks like its an Australian thing though... Not sure about availability in the states.

Also, I've read that both soy and dairy are bad for men's fertility because they contain estrogen, so they might be worth cutting out (along with the usual boxers instead of briefs, not biking, not using a laptop on his lap etc.)

Wishing you much much luck! (btw dh has severe male factor infertility, and we thought we would never conceive naturally, but I'm currently pregnant with a surprise baby.)
    Last edited by Ourou; 01-07-2013 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Hiding siggy

You may find value in this article ... and I would consider acupuncture as well. Good Luck!
    http://natural-fertility-info.com/mens-fertility

Quote Originally Posted by Ourou View Post
    Our re recommended Menevit, which apparently some studies have proven is helpful. Looks like its an Australian thing though... Not sure about availability in the states.

Also, I've read that both soy and dairy are bad for men's fertility because they contain estrogen, so they might be worth cutting out (along with the usual boxers instead of briefs, not biking, not using a laptop on his lap etc.)

Wishing you much much luck! (btw dh has severe male factor infertility, and we thought we would never conceive naturally, but I'm currently pregnant with a surprise baby.)
    I'm glad it worked out for you! We haven't used protection in nearly six years now, so I certainly don't have much hope, but we figured we'd give it one last try for a year or so before we gave up and were content with our one beautiful miracle. My hubs is lactose intolerant so he doesn't do a ton of milk and we're not big soy people in general, so we're covered there!

Quote Originally Posted by OlsNewbie View Post
    You may find value in this article ... and I would consider acupuncture as well. Good Luck!
    http://natural-fertility-info.com/mens-fertility
    Thanks...acupuncture really isn't the budget. And I've thought about it for myself in the past, but I'm so terrified of needles that I fear that my stress over it would overcome any benefit I might get!
    STC since June 2007
    IUI #1: IUI Cycle #2 IUI Cycle #3:
    Officially a waiting adoptive family as of 2/25/10

You might also want to check into Clomid for MF infertility. Wal Mart has Clomid on their generic prescription list, so we were able to get ours for $9-12. Not sure how much it would cost if he had to take it daily vs 5 days a cycle though. Might be worth checking out!
    Jen (33), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

My DH has low Motility, 30%, and our RE told him to eat Walnuts, about a handful a day. Easy to remember and he can eat them at work without other people even knowing what it's about. Our doc said vitamins, like a multi vitamin is okay too but he was more interested in us eating Walnuts. I think it was the Omega 3

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13